One of the most prevalent questions that we need to face while choosing a golf cart windshield is whether one should go with a tinted or a clear windshield. The answer is simple. It depends on your preference.
If you want high-end visibility with a little less comfort, a clear golf cart windshield should be your choice.
On the contrary, if you fancy better protection from the glaring sunlight or high temperature, it is the tinted windshield that would serve you in the best way possible.
Even ten years back, clear windshields were prevalent everywhere. But things have changed now.
Almost 70 percent of the golf cart windshields are now available with a tinted construction.
Both types have their specific kinds of pros and cons. If you are hesitating between these two types, this article might help to decide better.
Comparison between a clear and tinted golf cart windshield
A comparison chart always helps to make the right decision. Here is the comparison chart that will suffice the whole article-
Clear golf cart windshield
Tinted golf cart windshield
A clear golf cart windshield will ensure higher visibility.
A tinted golf cart will ensure maximum comfort.
Clear golf cart windshields are much safer to use at night.
Tinted golf cart windshields are much safer to use in the daytime.
Clear golf cart windshield cannot block the glaring sunlight, giving you an uncomfortable situation.
A tinted golf cart windshield will block the glaring sunlight, giving you relief.
Clear windshields are not that weather-friendly.
Tinted golf cart windshields are more weather-friendly.
Clear golf cart windshields are less scratch-resistant.
Tinted golf cart windshields are enough scratch-resistant.
This kind of windshield tends to make the inside part of the cart warmer.
A tinted golf cart windshield hardly allows the temperature to influence the ambiance of the cart.
You will be able to purchase a clear windshield at a cheaper price range.
A tinted golf cart windshield tends to be expensive.
Clear golf cart windshield
With proper acrylic construction, clear golf cart windshields tend to be durable and long-lasting. They ensure high-end visibility. Most old golf cart users prefer using a clear golf cart windshield. Here are some of the significant characteristics that you can expect from a clear golf cart windshield-
- The clear construction of these windshields will ensure apparent visibility. A clear golf cart is a solution for those who prefer safety over anything.
- Clear golf cart windshields are much safer to use at night.
- The acrylic construction makes them enough durable to last for a long time.
- This kind of windshield tends to gather scratches over time. If you can maintain the glass properly, you may get rid of developing any scratches.
- One of the drawbacks that you might face with a clear golf cart windshield is temperature inconsistency. A clear golf cart windshield will block hot air inside the cart, making it totally uncomfortable.If you prefer comfort, a clear golf cart windshield should never be an ideal choice for you.
- The glaring sunlight may cause a further problem with a clear golf cart windshield. It may dazzle your eyes while driving.
Clear golf cart windshield recommendation
Indeed, a clear golf cart windshield comes with a mixture of pros and cons. That should not mean that they are not worthy of installing on your cart. They can be an excellent nighttime companion. Besides, they are much safer to use on the road because of their high-end visibility. If you prefer a clear golf cart windshield over a tinted one, here are the top five products that would ensure excellent service in the long run-
1. 10L0L Deluxe Foldable Golf Cart Windshield Fits EZGO RXV, Clear Portable Windshield for Golf carts
2. Folding Down Foldable Clear Windshield Compatible with 1994-2014 EZGO TXT & Medalist or EZGO TXT & Medalist Models Gas/Electric Golf Cart
3. ECOTRIC Golf Cart Clear Windshield Compatible with 2008-Present/Current Folding Style for EZGO RXV Model Impact-Resistant Windshield for EZGO RXV Golf Cart (2008&UP)
Tinted golf cart windshield
Tinted golf cart windshields are the most versatile items for modern golf carts. The tinted construction allows them to create a comfortable environment inside the cart. The visibility of them might be a little dim, but you can always ensure high-end visibility by folding the upper part of the glass. Here are some of the essential characteristics that you can expect from a tinted golf cart windshield-
The tinted construction allows this kind of windshield to prevent the glaring sunlight to dazzle your eyes. If you prefer comfort, a tinted golf cart windshield will always provide you with that.
Tinted golf cart windshields are much safer to use in the daytime. They may create some problems while driving at night or in a foggy atmosphere.
A tinted golf cart windshield with acrylic construction material and a foldable design will always ensure the optimum service.
The tinted construction allows them to remain scratch-free for a long time. Even if they generate scratches, the scratches will not be that much visible.
Tinted windshields prevent the hot temperature from getting into the cart, creating a comfortable experience inside the cart.
Tinted golf cart windshields tend to be much weather-friendly.
If you love going out on a night excursion, a tinted windshield might create problems. They will ensure very low visibility during the nighttime. If you are using a foldable tinted glass, fold down the upper part to ensure proper visibility.
Tinted golf cart windshield recommendation
If you talk about popularity, a tinted golf cart windshield will remain much ahead of the clear one. Some valid reasons are obviously there to prefer a tinted windshield over a clear one. We are not here for creating arguments but for clearing out the doubts. These are the top three tinted golf cart windshield that you may install on your cart to get the exclusive service in the long run-
1. Tinted Club Car Precedent Golf Cart Windshield
2. Madjax Golf Cart Tinted Windshield EZ-GO RXV
3. Tinted Windshield for EZGO TXT Golf Cart 1994.5-2013
It is always up to you to make the final decision. Both types come with some pros and cons to baffle you with the decision. If you prefer safety in the daytime, a clear golf cart windshield should come in handy. On the contrary, comfort and visibility will be well ensured with the tinted windshield. Besides, old-aged people might get some further benefits with the clear shields. People with no eye issues should love a tinted shield. The arguments will be much longer if we continue. We are resting the task up to you to make the right decision.