Although the number of golf courses in the USA is declining every year, there are certain areas where the popularity of golf is at the peak level. Many factors are there that are responsible for the increment or reduction of the courses.
We will be talking about all these things throughout the whole article. But, for now, we would like to mention to you that Florida is the state that has the highest number of courses in the USA. The number of courses that Florida has is around 1250.
Top 10 states of the USA with the most number of golf courses
Now that, we all know the number of the state that has the highest number of courses in the USA, let’s find out the other states and the statistics regarding the number of courses that they possess.
- As we have mentioned in the introduction that Florida has the highest number of courses in the USA.
- The statistic shows that Florida has near 1250 courses in total.
- Although the number of courses is fluctuating, this sunny state surely has something that is completely suitable for playing golf.
- In whichever city you are living in, if you are in Florida, you will find golf courses nearby for sure.
- If you are looking for the best golf courses in Florida, then with some doubts we would like to mention to you that Seminole GC is arguably the best golf courses in Florida
2. California (921)
- California will remain in the second position when it is about the highest number of golf courses in the states.
- The calculation shows that California has near 921 golf courses in total.
- If you are looking for the top courses in the whole world, then there will be certainly two courses from this state.
- There are hardly any golf enthusiasts who do not know anything about the Pebble Beach Golf Links and Cypress Point Club, and these two courses are known as the top courses of this state.
- Texas will remain in third place with the most number of golf courses. Even a few years earlier, New York was the state with the third most number of golf courses. But, in 2020, Texas will remain in third place.
- The statistic shows that Texas has nearly 907 professional golf courses where you can think about golfing.
- Dallas National Golf Club situated in the city of Dallas is known as the popular and most famous golf course in Texas.
4. New York (832)
- For some major issues, the number of golf courses in New York is reducing to a great extent rather than increasing.
- Even some days earlier New York could easily take the third place. But, in recent days the number is reducing rapidly.
- The statistic shows that the number of golf courses that New York City has is nearly 832.
- The oldest golf course in the history of America is situated in NY which is the Saint Andrews Country Club.
5. Ohio (800)
- Ohio will remain in the fifth position on this list.
- Though the number of exact courses in this state is never known, it is being believed that this state has nearly 800 golf courses to play in.
- The beautiful view and prominent weather make this state a beautiful residence to play golf.
- Muirfield Village, the Inverness Club, and The Golf Club are some of the most famous and popular courses of this state that you can think about playing golf in.
6. Michigan (700)
- Michigan will remain in the fifth position of this list.
- The number of courses that this state has is around 700
- A large number of trees and lakes throughout this whole state make this state a better place for every golf enthusiast to have a round of golf.
- Michigan becomes quite livelier and vibrant in the summer, which is known as the most suitable period to play golf in Michigan.
- Some of the most popular and top-rated golf courses in Michigan are Arcadia Bluffs (Bluffs), Crystal Downs, Oakland Hills, and The Lost Dunes.
- Pennsylvania will remain in seventh place on this list.
- The number of golf courses that this state has is around 650. The number of courses in this state can be a little more or less than 650.
- Old Course at Omni Bedford Springs, Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club, and Royal Manchester Golf Links are some of the most popular golf courses of this state that you can think about playing in.
8. Illinois (640)
- Illinois with a course number of 640 will remain in the 8th position on this list.
- The presence of lakes and oak trees makes this state a worthy choice for any golf enthusiast.
- Chicago golf club, Shore acres, Skokie country club are some of the most famous and popular courses in this state.
9. North Carolina(556)
- North Carolina will remain in ninth place with the most number of golf courses.
- This state is supposed to have near 556 golf courses in total.
- Pine needles golf course, Tobacco Road Golf course, and Pinehurst No. 2 are some of the most popular golf course in this state.
- Wisconsin will remain in the 10th and final position of this list.
- This state is supposed to have near 505 golf courses in total.
- Erin Hills Golf course, Whistling Straits Golf course, and Sentry World are some of the most famous and popular golf courses that you would find in this state.
Not every region or city is completely suitable for playing golf. A remote place with rough weather tends to have fewer courses than a place that has the sunniest and vibrant look. States like Florida, California, and Texas has a suitable place for playing golf because all these states have a nice weather condition. Along with the condition of the weather, the individualistic and careerist mind setup of every American citizen is also impacting badly reducing the total number of golf courses throughout the whole America.
Read more : Golf cart accessories list