How to polish any golf club – Proper way to know
If you would like to make the appearance of your golf club shiny, the first pre-requisite is cleaning it regularly. But, then again using it for a long time can deteriorate the condition to a greater extent. In that case, you need to think about polishing your golf club.
Throughout this whole article, we are going to show you the procedures and tactics that you should be following to give your golf clubs the shiny look that it used to have while buying.
How to polish a golf clubs
To polish a golf club in the correct way, you will need some materials and ingredients. These are the ingredients that you should have if you are thinking about polishing your golf club.
- Warm water
- Detergent solution
- Metal polish
If you already have these materials, then we are ready to follow the procedures to polish any kind of golf clubs you want.
In this particular section, we will be talking about the procedures and tactics that you need to follow to polish any golf clubs properly.
- The very first step that you need to do to polish a golf club is to pour mild-warm water into a bucket.
- On the next step, add any kind of detergent solution on to the water. Any kind of solution should be okay in that case (including detergent, dishwasher, or even soapy water).
- On the third step, you need to soak the club in the soapy water for at least two minutes. But, if you want a complete benefit, then we would recommend you soak it for more time. It is being believed that the more the better. In that case, 6-7 minutes should be ideal. It helps to loosen the dirt and debris that are attached to your club for a long period.
- We are halfway there to complete the procedures. In this step, we are going to rub the club to remove most of the hard dirt and debris from the club.in that case, you have two options to choose from. You may use a towel or cloth to complete the procedure or you may use an old toothbrush to remove the dirt from the club.
- Now, it is time to dry the club to have a better look. But, it's not completed yet. There is one more step that you need to complete.
- This is the final step and undoubtedly the most important step than all. In this final step, we are going to use the metal polish to polish to enhance the brightness of the club to another extent. To do so, take a little drop of metal polish on to a cloth and then start rubbing the cloth on to the metal section of your golf club. Keep the polish for a couple of minute.
- In this step, you need to remove the polish. To do so, you use a polishing cloth and wipe the metal polish from all over the head.
That’s it! Now, on your hand, there should be a polished and bright club that you have been looking for.
Many people are there who are very much sensitive to chemicals. In that case, maintaining the precautions before polishing any club is more than necessary. Even if you are not sensitive to any chemical, then again you should not take safety as a slight issue. To ensure the safety, you may follow the procedures down below-
- The most important thing that you need to care about is the safety of your eye. Use an eye safety Goggles before you start polishing the club.
- Use globs to keep your skin safe while cleaning.
Things that you should keep in mind
Only polishing the club once every six months is not going to do the task for you. You need to maintain some balance throughout the whole year to keep your club crystal clear. Here are some of the tips that you may follow to give your golf club a better shiny and bright look.
- Never or ever keep your golf club wet. if you keep your golf club wet for a certain period, there is a high chance of getting rust on to it.
- Clean your golf club head after every course of the game. We all know that it's not going to be easy to remain consistent when it is about cleaning the golf clubs regularly. But, it is highly recommended that you should be doing that.
- Using the head cover is another most important step that you should maintain to ensure the brightness of your golf club.
- There would be a time when you will not play golf for one month or maybe for more. If you ever fall on this kind of situation, the most important thing that you should keep in mind is to keep them safely inside the golf bag. Don’t keep them outside if not in use.
Should I use nail polish on my club?
When it is about polishing the golf club, one of the common questions that many of the people would like to know is whether they should be using nail polish or not to polish the golf club. If you also are asking the same question, then we would like to mention to you that the major function of any polishing chemical is to give any substances an artificial look that makes the substance more catchy and attractive. In recent days, many people are actually polishing the golf club using nail polish and most of the time they were satisfied with the quality. if you are also thinking about giving it a try, maybe it’s the time. But, make sure you are aware of the safety of your health.
Playing with a golf club for a certain period of time can deteriorate the brightness of the club to a greater extent. In that case, polishing the club using a metal polish chemical can give you relief. But, before using metal polish, the procedures that we have discussed above should get the priority.