How to measure a putter length? (Putter length guides)
Completing a round of golf without a putter is impossible. A putter is probably going to be the last club that you will use to complete one round of golf. For speed control, consistency, and perfect setup, having the right length putter is a must. But, do you know the right ways to measure the length of your putter? Or, do you know the exact length of the putter that you should be using?
If not, then this article should be the one that you have been looking for…
Measuring a putter length
Before we start measuring the length of the putter, we need some instruments to complete the procedure.
- The first and last thing that we need to have to complete the measurement is an aluminum ruler. Make sure that the ruler is 48 inches or 120cm long. Using a tape ruler or a yardstick, in that case, will not be effective because we need to have something that will remain straight and flat while measuring.
- On the surface, hold the putter in such a way that the center of the putter remains flat on the ground.
- The way of holding should not be the same as your stance while putting; rather it should be flat on the ground. Make sure that the toe of the putter is not up in the air.
- Now, we need the aluminum ruler that we have talked about earlier. Place the ruler in line with the center of the putter.
- Make sure that the bottom edge of the putter is on the ground.
- The closer the ruler will remain to the shaft of the putter the better it should be to measure the length.
- In the next step, you need to make sure that the top of the putter is completely lined up with the aluminum ruler.
- Now, the number that you will see from the bottom edge to the top edge of the ruler will be the exact length of the putter.
Why do we need to measure a putter length?
Well, it's pretty common to ask why you should measure a putter a length. There can be four definite reasons why you should measure the length of your putter. Let's have a brief look at all of them.
the first reason to know the length of the putter is to customize the original length of the putter to the right length. If you know the right length of the putter that fits you best, then in time, you may think about customizing a new putter so that it can match the right length of your height. In that case, measuring the length of the putter becomes a must thing to do.
The stance or setup is always an important issue whether you are using your driver or the putter. To make the perfect setup, you need to know the exact length of the putter so that it is completely compatible with your height.
The third reason to measure the length of the putter is that it allows you to get consistency in every putt you will be making. To make it possible, knowing the right length of the putter is necessary. And, to know the right length of the putter, you need to measure the length of the putter.
4. Speed control
You can strike with all your might when you are using your driver. But, with the putter, you need to control the speed to make the exact putting. That is why having the right length of the putter is a must.
Realated post : Odyssey putter reviews
The average length of a putter
Now that we all know the ways and procedures to measure the length of a putter, but do we know the length of putters that are available in the market.
- A putter can be found in different lengths and variations. But, in general, a putter should not be shorter than 32 inches and longer than 52 inches.
- On average, the length of a putter can be from 33 inches to 35 inches.
- The statistic shows that the average length of a putter is 33.5 inches.
- In most cases, women tend to use a shorter length putter. In general, a woman will be comfortable with a 33 or 34 inches long putter.
- In some cases, it is possible to customize the length of the putter. If you are not feeling comfortable with the putter that you have, then customization the length of the putter is the only way left for you. If you are having a shorter height, then customizing the length of the putter can do great help. A customized putter can have a length of around 31 inches or 30 inches.
Related post : Scotty Cameron Putter Reviews
Legal putter length
Well, if you are worried about the legal length of the putter, then we would like to mention to you that, according to the USGA, the legal length of a putter should not be less than18 inches. you maybe are wondering, is it possible to have an 18 inches long putter. Well, maybe not. But, it is the regulation that says you can't have a putter that is shorter than 18 inches. If you are thinking about all the other clubs, then all other clubs can not be longer than 48 inches.
Whatever length of the putter you are picking up, the only thing that matters most is the comfort. If you are feeling with the putter, then the length of the putter should be appropriate.
Related post : Putter for average golfer reviews
The driver and iron club will always remain a sore topic to talk about. But, it is the putter that people will hardly talk about. But, without having the right and proportionate putter, you can’t think about completing the golf game. Besides, consistency and competency are greatly required when you are thinking about honing the skill of putter. To ensure all of these, you must ensure that the length of the putter is perfectly proportionate to your height. That is why measuring the length is a must.