There might have some primary dissimilarities between a golf rangefinder and a hunting rangefinder, but it is always possible to use a hunting rangefinder as a golf rangefinder. By making some wise decisions, you can always use a single rangefinder for two different tasks. A golf rangefinder will prioritize the nearer object, whereas a hunting rangefinder will prioritize the distant targets.
If you can manage to choose a rangefinder with a medium distance priority target, you can always use a single rangefinder for two different purposes.
If you have not purchased your rangefinder but are thinking about choosing a multi-purpose device, we are here to help you out with the best suggestion.
Before we talk about the ways to choose a multi-purpose rangefinder, let us learn about both golf and hunting rangefinder first-
Can you use a hunting rangefinder for golf?
Yes, you can always use a hunting rangefinder for golf, but you can hardly use a golf rangefinder for hunting.
If you really want to use a hunting rangefinder for golf, you need to ensure some of the characteristics inside a hunting rangefinder. Here are some of the essential things that a hunting rangefinder needs to have to use in golf-
- A hunting rangefinder needs to come with both first and distant target priority feature to use for golf. While playing golf, you don’t need to locate a distant target rather it is the flag’s distance that matters most. If the hunting rangefinder misses the first target priority feature, you will not be able to use it for golf.
- A hunting rangefinder with the perfect angle compensation rating always helps to get the optimum result while playing golf. If you are thinking about using your hunting rangefinder for golf, it would be ideal to ensure a hunting rangefinder with an optimum angle compensation score.
- A golf rangefinder will provide you with some specific information regarding the club, hazards, swing rate, and the like that you cannot expect from a hunting rangefinder. On the other hand, a hunting rangefinder will provide you with some specific information related to hunting that you cannot expect from a golf rangefinder. It is possible to use a hunting rangefinder for golfing, but it is not possible to get the benefits of a golf rangefinder.
Differences between a golf rangefinder and a hunting rangefinder
Golf rangefinder uses the first target method to locate the nearer object’s distance.
The hunting rangefinder primarily uses the distant target mechanism but can also include the first target method.
A golf rangefinder will provide specific golfing information like club speed, hazards info, and the like.
Hunting rangefinder will provide specific hunting information.
A golf rangefinder can locate around 600 yards of distance correctly.
A hunting rangefinder can locate around 150 yards to 1300 yards of distance correctly.
The golf rangefinder comes with pin seeker technology.
Hunting rangefinder may include pin seeker technology.
You cannot use a golf rangefinder for hunting.
You can use a hunting rangefinder for golfing.
A golf rangefinder is the type of rangefinder that prioritizes the first target, ignoring the distant objects. As a result, you get to learn about the appropriate yardage. A golf rangefinder can measure a distance of around 500-600 yards. This is okay because the distance finder between one hole to another will always fall under 500 yards. Now a days if you find most accurate golf rangefinder for brand, you must see best bushnell golf laser rangefinder. Here are some of the primary characteristics that you can expect from a golf rangefinder-
- A golf rangefinder will focus on the nearer object like a flag to allow you to measure the precise distance of the hole.
- Most golf rangefinders can measure around 600 yards of distance accurately.
- If you are thinking about using a golf rangefinder for hunting, you may fail dramatically. As a golf rangefinder prioritizes the nearest object, you may find a hard time locating the distant target.
- Golf rangefinders are not that effective when it about catching a running object like an animal. That is why if you are thinking about using a golf rangefinder for hunting, you may not get the appropriate result.
- The pin seeker technology with the locking mechanism locks the appropriate target, giving you the specific distance perimeter.
Hunting rangefinder is the most dynamic rangefinder that uses the distant target priority to provide you with the precise long-distance value. The dynamic construction allows the rangefinder to measure the exact distance of a running object as well. A hunting rangefinder can locate around 1300 yards of distance at most. Here are some of the major characteristics that you would get from a hunting rangefinder-
- A hunting rangefinder uses the distance target priority method, allowing one to locate the exact distance of a distant object.
- Some of the hunting rangefinders can also use the short distance priority method, allowing them to use it on the golf course too.
- With a hunting rangefinder, it is possible to locate a distance from 150 yards to 1300 yards, making them versatile for use in a variety of fields.
- Some of the hunting rangefinders may come with the pin seeker technology, allowing you to use them in multiple works.
- Hunting rangefinders are effective to catch running objects, making them suitable for hunting.
How to choose the right hunting rangefinder for golf?
A hunter will always love to save some bucks by using his hunting rangefinder in golf. It would not be possible if you fail to choose some specific characteristics in your hunting rangefinder. here are the top five things that a hunting rangefinder should have to use in golf-
First target priority
A hunting rangefinder will always have a distant target priority, but it may not have the first target priority feature. If you want to use your hunting rangefinder for golf, ensure that the device has both.
The yardage measurement range of a hunting rangefinder needs to be around 120 yards to 1300 yards to use in golf.
One probably will play golf on a brighter day. That is why the hunting rangefinder should have a brighter display to use in golf.
Size and weight
Size and weight is another essential thing that you need to consider while choosing a two in one rangefinder. Ensure that the size and weight do not affect the outcome.
The final thing to ensure is whether the device provides accurate measurement or not. Accuracy is always the primary concern for any rangefinder.
A golf rangefinder is specific to the golfing purpose only. But a hunting rangefinder can serve in both sectors if you can manage to choose the device wisely. It is never possible to use a golf rangefinder for hunting, but you may use a hunting rangefinder for golfing.