The smallest dimension of a golf cart garage is 5 feet by 7 feet, whereas the largest dimension is 6 feet by 8 feet. If you tend to place multiple cars inside the garage, you need to install a conventional car garage door.
A golf cart garage door and a typical car garage door is not the same. A golf cart garage door tends to come with a smaller dimension, whereas a conventional car garage door comes with a larger size.
The smallest door size of a double car garage would be around 12 feet by 7 feet, whereas the largest dimension of a double car garage door would be around 18 feet by 8 feet.
If you are thinking about setting up a new garage, learning about the door size is always a bigger concern. If you are interested, let us solve all the doubts-
Golf cart garage door size
A door would not take a larger space while building a garage only specific for golf carts. There are no restrictions on choosing the appropriate size of the door, but there are some standards that you may follow to avoid any error.
A golf cart garage door is available in three different sizes. You can install a smaller, medium, or larger door according to your requirement. Let’s find out the sizes for each section-
Smaller golf cart garage door size
- The smallest golf cart garage door that you can possibly install should come with a width of 5 feet and a height of 7 feet.
- Another measurement that you might follow comes with a width of 5 feet and a height of 8 feet. This standard gives you 1 foot more height to easily get in or out of the garage.
Medium golf cart garage door size
- A mid-size golf cart garage door should come with a width of 6 feet and a height of 7 feet.
- Another dimension that you might follow comes with a width of 6 feet and a height of 8 feet.
Larger golf cart garage door size
- You need to customize the size while installing a larger golf cart garage door. Anything larger than 6 feet width falls in the category of a larger garage door.
- A typical example of a larger golf cart garage door is 7feet by 9 feet.
Note: If you are a believer in DIY, these measurements are not for you. You can always customize your garage door sizes according to your creativity. These are the typical sizes that you would find ready-made on the market.
Golf cart garage door costing
The cost of a golf cart garage door depends on various factors.
A typical golf cart garage door would cost you from 200$ dollars to as high as 1000$. You have to spend some extra bucks while completing the installation.
In general, installing a golf cart garage door would cost you from 400$ dollars to 700$ dollars along with the door price.
Here are some of the factors that would influence the price range of golf cart garage door-
- A golf cart garage door is available in stainless steel and wooden material. A wooden garage door tends to be more expensive than a stainless steel door. If you are thinking about installing a wooden garage door, you need to raise your budget a little.
- Wooden garage doors are available from 300$ dollars to 1000$ dollars. On the other hand, you would find a stainless steel door from the 200$ dollars to 500$ dollars range.
- DIY installation would cost less than professional installation. If you can complete the installation on your own, you don’t have to pay the labor cost.
Note: Do not think about DIY installation if you are missing experience. DIY installation requires enough dexterity. Otherwise, you may make a blunder in the middle of the work.
Differences between a golf cart and car garage door
We have already specified that a golf cart garage door and a conventional car garage door are not the same. Here are some of the primary differences between them-
- A golf cart garage door comes with a smaller size, whereas a typical car garage door will have a larger dimension.
- Golf car garage doors are cheap compared to a car garage door.
- Installing a car garage door would cost you more than installing a golf cart garage door.
- The installation process of the golf cart garage door is simpler than the car garage door.
Note: You can always keep your golf cart inside a car garage, but keeping a car inside a golf cart garage may require some customization. The smaller size of a golf cart garage does not allow a larger vehicle to go inside the garage.
Car garage door size
The smallest car garage door size comes with a width of 8 feet and a height of 7 feet. One can maximize the dimension up to 10 feet by 8 feet. This measurement would accommodate a single car inside the garage at a time.
On the other hand, a double car garage would come with a width of 12 feet and a height of 7 feet. One can always increase the dimension of the door up to 18 feet by 8 feet.
Note: Some states of the USA require one to maintain the building code while installing a door on the garage. If you are thinking about installing a larger car garage door, you had better ensure whether your states impose such restrictions or not.
Benefits of a golf cart garage door
You get certain benefits with a golf cart garage door over a car garage door. Here are some of the points why you should build a golf cart garage-
- A golf cart garage door is much cheaper than a car garage door.
- The lightweight and compact design of a cart garage door allow one to make a swift and easy installation.
- You can think about building a golf cart garage from a smaller place to a gigantic space. If you have a single cart, you can build a garage with only 10 feet of space.
Installing a new garage door or repairing the old one becomes easier when you start the process with full knowledge. If you are building the garage door on your own, we don't have anything to say. You should be a professional. But if you are purchasing the door ready-made, the dimension is always a primary concern. You should always install a garage door depending on the length and width of your vehicle. That is how you can drive the cart inside the garage with ease.