The most common doubt you need to clear out while purchasing a golf cart is whether you should go with a gas-powered cart or an electric cart. Both types come with some pros and cons, keeping you in a dubious state to make the final decision.
Most gas-powered golf carts use a four-stroke combustion engine to produce the necessary energy.
On the contrary, an electric golf cart will have either a 36-volt or 48-volt battery system to generate the running power. It is also possible to find a two-stroke engine or a 72-volt battery function in a golf cart.
In summarizing the whole meaning, a gas-powered golf cart will use combustion engines, whereas an electrical golf cart will use batteries to generate its energy.
If you are ambiguous about the types to choose, stay tuned until the last to clear out your doubts.
Gas vs battery (electric) golf carts Comparison chart
A comparison chart always helps to distill the doubts. This chart may also help you to come to a conclusion-
Gas-powered golf carts
Electric/battery-powered golf carts
Gas-powered golf carts tend to be faster.
Electric golf carts tend to have a moderate speed limit.
Gas-powered golf carts are not environment-friendly.
Electric golf carts are environment-friendly.
Driving a gas-powered golf cart for a long time can do serious damage to your health.
Electric golf carts are safe for health. Driving an electric golf cart for a long time will not do any damage to your health.
You will get more mileage from a gas-powered golf cart.
You may not get enough mileage with an electric golf cart.
This type of golf cart is budget-friendly.
Electric carts are expensive.
They are power efficient. You will get a gas station everywhere to refuel it.
They are less power-efficient. You need to recharge them for a long time
Gas-powered carts are durable and last for a long time.
An electric cart will also last for a long time with proper care.
This type of vehicle can withstand more loads.
Electric carts can not withstand more loads.
They are suitable for both on-road and off-road driving.
Electric carts fit better on the course.
Gas-powered golf carts
A gas-powered golf cart uses either a two-stroke or a four-stroke combustion engine .pdf to generate its running energy. The cart owner needs to refuel it to maintain the engine’s efficiency, as we do with most of our automobiles. Here are some of the primary characteristics that you would get from a gas-powered golf cart-
- Gas-powered golf carts tend to be faster because of their high-end engine efficiency.
- Gas-powered golf carts are not environment friendly as they release the exhausted combustion air to the environment, making the environment vulnerable.
- You will be able to enjoy more acceleration power with a gas-powered golf cart.
- You will be able to impose more loads on a gas-powered golf cart.
- They are more fuel-efficient. You will find a gas station everywhere to refuel it when necessary.
- Gas-powered golf carts tend to be more robust than any of its kind.
- You can expect longevity from a gas-powered golf cart. They last much longer and ensures durability for a long time.
- They are suitable for taking on the road. You can expect to get the proper speed limit with this kind of vehicle.
- Moreover, a gas-powered golf cart comes with a budget-friendly feature, allowing you to purchase them at a handy price range.
Despite having all these benefits, a gas-powered golf cart is not environment friendly.
They release the exhausted combustion gas to nature, making our mother nature vulnerable. The most satisfying fact is that modern technologies are inventing new gears to make them environment friendly. If you are willing to spend a little more bucks, you can purchase a gas-powered golf cart with an environment-friendly feature.
Battery-powered or electric golf carts
A battery-powered or electrical golf cart uses 36-volt, 48-volt, or 72-volt battery function to generate its running power. When the golf cart battery runs out of energy, you need to recharge it again to ensure a decent power supply (you can use golf cart battery charger). Here are some of the primary characteristics that you would get from a battery-powered or electrical golf cart-
- Electric golf carts are not capable of producing higher speeds. If the cart has a high-end battery supply, it may generate more speed. But the typical 36-volt or 48-volt system is not enough faster.
- Electrical golf carts are environment-friendly. They don’t release any harmful waste to the environment, making them more suitable for the environment.
- You may not get more mileage from an electrical golf cart. It will run out of energy within three to four hours. Charging facilities may not available everywhere, causing you to get less mileage.
- You will not be able to impose more loads on an electrical golf cart.
- They are less energy efficient. You need to change the battery of an electric golf cart every five to six years.
- Electrical golf carts are more suitable for taking them on the course. The lower speed capacity does not make them suitable for on-road driving. You may not get the optimum speed limit on the road.
- Electric golf carts are more expensive than gas-powered golf carts.
- If you take proper care of the cart, an electric golf cart can too last for a long time.
What's our opinion?
- If you are thinking about purchasing the cart for using the cart on the course only, an electric cart should be the ideal option.
- If you are thinking about taking the cart on the street, a gas-powered golf cart may serve you in the best way possible.
- Consider your budget before deciding the type.
- Consider the terrain you are destined to drive the cart.
- Consider whether you are going to make any further modifications or not.
There are too many things to consider before confirming the types.
Indeed a gas-powered golf cart will produce more benefits, but an electric cart can be more versatile with proper modification.
Besides, they will not create any bad impact on your body. Despite having too many benefits, driving a gas-powered cart for a long time can cause serious damage to your body.