While Apple is a name of emotion, Garmin is the brand of quality. A golf GPS makes tracking and improvisation a lot easier. Garmin tends to produce dedicated GPS devices for a long time, whereas the quality of Apple’s GPS is increasing at a rapid rate. While choosing a GPS watch for golfing, both Apple and Garmin have launched some quality devices to make tracking more comfortable and convenient.
Apple watches are certainly good in various aspects, but they are never a dedicated golf GPS app. You may get the course information by using the GPS, but you will never get other information that a Garmin golf GPS watch will provide. If you are a fitness geek who loves golfing, Apple watches are for you. If you love golfing and would love to improvise your golf skill, Garmin should be the solution.
Garmin vs. Apple Golf Watch
Garmin Golf Watch
1. Garmin Approach S62, Premium Golf GPS Watch
- Garmin S62 offers three color patterns.
- The large 1.3 inches touch screen display will be much easier to read.
- The virtual caddie feature will provide specific information about the club and its aim.
- The strong battery backup will last for 20+ hours with a one-time full charge.
- The scroll-through hazard feature will provide specific information about the hazards.
Are you looking for a GPS watch that ensures style beyond the course? Garmin S62 should be the device to choose. With three different color patterns, S62 is one of the most versatile GPS watches from Garmin.
This one comes with a large 1.3-inch touch screen display, allowing you to enjoy an easy-to-read feature. The pre-loaded 41,000+ courses all over the world make this one a true golf companion in any place in the world. Besides, the scroll-through hazard feature will be handy to avoid falling in the hazards.
Furthermore, S62 will allow you to get the distance for green and layout targeting. The most electrifying feature of S62 is its virtual caddie feature, allowing you to get information about the club and aim. On top of that, the strong battery backup will provide 20+ hours of service with a one-time full charge.
- This one will make every course like a home with 41,000+ preloaded courses.
- The sleek-looking design makes this one perfect off the course, too.
- The green view feature will provide an overview of the course within seconds.
2. Garmin Approach S60, Premium GPS Golf Watch
- Garmin S60 also offers three variations.
- The 1.2-inch larger touch screen display will be easier to read.
- The full-color mapping construction will not deteriorate the brightness under glaring sunlight.
- Auto shot tracking feature will track and store your performance to review it later.
- S60 will provide 10hours+ battery backup.
Like the previous one, Garmin S60 will also offer you three different color patterns. This one is available in white, black with silicon band, and black with leather band. The display size will be around 1.2 inches, which is large enough to ensure easy reading.
The full-color mapping construction of S60 will ensure easier display reading even under bright sunlight. This one is quite popular for providing precise distance at any cost. You can remain calm about the accuracy. Besides, the auto shot game tracking will track and store your game to review later. You can expect a 10-hours+ battery backup from this device.
Furthermore, the adjustable yardages feature will be handy to make perfect uphill and downhill strokes. You will get 40,000+ courses pre-loaded with this exclusive GPS watch. Finally, the quick-fit band will always please you with the style.
- S60 ensures precise distance and accuracy.
- The quick-fit band will ensure style and elegance.
- Around 40,000+ pre-loaded courses will make golfing more fun in any course.
3. Garmin Approach S10
- Garmin S10 is available in three sleek-looking color patterns.
- S10 comes with a large 1.2 inches MIP display, which is bright enough to get higher readability.
- S10 can detect the precise distance of the green.
- This one can store your rounds to review them later.
- You will get around 12 hours of battery backup with the golf GPS mode.
Garmin Approach S10 appears with three sleek-looking color patterns to give a stylish vibe. This one also comes with a large 1.2 inches touchscreen display. The MIP display type will ensure clear reading in bright sunlight.
Garmin S10 knows the course. It can easily detect the yardages throughout the whole course. Like a typical Garmin watch, this one also comes pre-loaded with 41,000+ courses from all over the world. As a result, no course will be unknown to you. Besides, the tracking feature of S10 will store your rounds to summarize them later.
S10 comes with a better battery backup. You can expect continuous service for more than1 2 hours in the golf GPS mode. This one also provides a free Garmin app to store your performance.
- Every golf course around the world will be familiar to you with 41,000+ pre-loaded courses.
- The design of the S10 looks quite aesthetic.
- You will get a free Garmin app to store your performance.
4. Garmin Approach G80
- G80 is a dedicated handheld GPS device with a 3.5-inch extra-large display.
- You will get a full overview of the course with the Approach G80.
- You will get yardages of the front, back, and middle of the green.
- 41,000+ pre-loaded courses will not take a long time to load.
- The slim design will not create any problem while mounting the device.
G80 is not a watch but a handheld GPS device that you can take on the course to enjoy more precise and accurate tracking. If you prefer having a dedicated device that would help to make your golf performance better, G80 should be the ideal item to have.
G80 comes with a 3.5-inch extra-large touch screen display that will provide a full overview of the course. The slim design should not create any problem in carrying the device to the course. This one will provide the yardages of the front, back, and middle of the course, allowing you to make precise strokes. Besides, the information of hazards will protect you from falling into the hazard.
Furthermore, this one can track the club speed, ball speed, and swing information to motivate you to improve your pace. 41,000+ pre-loaded courses will provide instant information without a long-time loading. With 15+ hours battery capacity, this one will beat any GPS watch from the market.
- You will get 15+ hours of battery support.
- This device will ensure better performance than any Golf GPS watch.
- You will get specific information about the club speed, ball speed, and swing information to improve your pace.
5. Garmin Approach S40
- With multiple straps and color patterns, Garmin S40 is suitable for any place.
- The 1.2-inch large sunlight-readable display will not create any difficulty in discerning the information.
- You can expect precise information on the green, hazards, and doglegs to improvise your stroke.
- The pin positioning will allow you to make precise strokes in any situation.
- You will be able to review your scorecards and stats to modify your performance.
The final Garmin watch on this list is the Approach S40. With four different color patterns, this one will ensure productivity and price simultaneously. The 1.2-inch large sunlight-readable touchscreen display will not create any difficulty in getting the information.
This one can be an excellent tool to improvise your game. You will get the precise distance to green, hazards, and doglegs to improve your performance to another level. Besides, the pin positioning capacity will allow you to make a precise stroke in any situation.
S40 can track your stroke to enhance the pace of your stroke. You will get a Garmin tracker to connect it with the watch to track your strike conveniently. Furthermore, you will be able to review scorecards and stats to modify your performance. With more than 41,000+ pre-loaded courses, this one will always please you in any situation.
- This one comes with a tracker to attach to the club to get specific club information.
- You will be able to track your stroke.
- The course will not take a long time to load.
Apple golf watch
1. New Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS, 40mm)
Series 6 is available in approximately 12 color patterns and strap variations.
The GPS and GPS+cellular mode will allow you to involve in multiple chores.
The GPS feature will allow you to track the course information while playing golf.
Series 6 is an excellent fitness tracking device with various features like an oxygen sensor, ECG, heart rate measure, etc.
The display is 40mm large with water-resistant capacity.
We are starting our Apple watch recommendation with the Apple series 6. A great thing about any apple watch is that you will get multiple color and strap variations to choose from. Apple Watch 6 will offer approximately 12 color patterns to please any personality.
This one comes in GPS and GPS+cellular mode, allowing you to involve in multiple chores. That means you will be able to track your golfing performance with this one. They may not provide pinpoint golfing information, but you can track the course information through the GPS.
This one is an excellent fitness tracking apps with multiple features, including an oxygen sensor, ECG, heart rate measurement, and the like. The 40mm water-resistant display with 2.5x more brightness will ensure smooth readability. Grab this one to track your performance, including golf.
- The 2.5x more on-time brightness will ensure smooth readability.
- These watches are available for all personalities.
- These watches are work out compatible.
2. Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular, 40mm)
- Apple Watch SE is available in six color or strap patterns.
- The 40mm water-resistant display is enough bright to enhance the readability under the scorching sunlight.
- This is a multi-functional tool that can work as a fitness tracker, sleep tracker, heart rate tracker, or voice assistant.
- The fastest processor will ensure a quick response rate.
- You will get specific information about the course through GPS connectivity.
With six different colors and strap designs, the Apple watch SE is here to be one of the most versatile fitness trackers to keep you fit and healthy. Like the previous one, you will get a 40mm water-resistant display with this one, too.
This one is a multi-functional tool that can work as a fitness tracker, sleep tracker, heart rate tracker, or voice assistant. With its specialized operating system, this watch can understand you to provide you with the best suggestion. The fastest processor allows this device to make a rapid response.
Let's talk about golf. Apple watches are not dedicated golf aid instruments, but the powerful GPS can track the course to provide you with specific information. If you are a light golf GPS user who loves fitness, consider having Apple watch SE for the most versatile experience.
- Apple Watch comes with a specialized operating system.
- You will be able to connect it wirelessly.
- You may use it on the golf course, too.
3. Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS, 38mm)
- You will be able to choose Apple series 3 in 38mm or 42m screen size.
- The cellular mode will allow you to keep your phone at home to avoid any distractions.
- The water-resistant feature puts no restrictions to dive into a swimming pole.
- You will be able to store music, podcasts, or audiobooks to refresh yourself in time.
- The GPS-enabled feature will allow you to use it in golf, too.
Apple series 3 can be an affordable option if you prefer having an Apple watch. Apple series 3 will offer two different varieties. You can either choose it in 38mm or 42mm variations. Besides, it also offers two different color variations.
Furthermore, the cellular mode will allow you to keep your phone at home and wander in the park freely without having any distractions. The water-resistant feature will also allow you to dive inside the swimming pole without any fear of deterioration. Besides, the internal storage system will be handy to store music, podcasts, or audiobooks to refresh yourself in any situation.
The optical heart sensor will track your heartbeat and will notify you in any emergencies. The GPS-enabled feature will allow you to play golf, too. It may take a little while to load the course, but you can expect precise information. Style, productivity, fitness, and fun, you can expect everything with the Apple watch series 3.
- This one can motivate you to keep yourself fit.
- You can expect productivity, style, fitness, and fun simultaneously with this one.
- This one is more affordable.
Apple or Garmin: Which one is best for golfing?
A golf GPS is all about accuracy and features. Some will offer more accuracy with fewer features, whereas many others will offer both. Garmin is a professional GPS manufacturer that has been delivering quality GPS for a long time. On the contrary, Apple is a giant that ensures precision and accuracy better than most other brands. But there is something that you need to consider while purchasing a GPS watch for golf. Here are some of the facts and solutions-
Apple golf watch mostly produces GPS watches to be a fitness companion aid. They include multiple features that can help you to track your fitness and activity. If you use a GPS device on the golf course lightly, Apple watches should be an excellent item to have.
Garmin tends to produce dedicated golf GPS watches. As a result, you can expect more features like club speed measuring, swing speed, hazard information, and the like from these watches. If you prefer Golfing over fitness, Gamin is always the ideal choice. They are an excellent companion on the course. They can add some versatility off the course, too.
The course load time will be much higher in Apple watches. On the other hand, a Garmin GPS tends to come with pre-loaded courses, reducing the load time to a great extent.
We are concluding this section by saying that Garmin will remain ahead when it is about getting aid on the golf course. If you are talking about fitness and accuracy, apple will remain much ahead of Garmin. Apple watches also ensure accuracy and versatility. You will be able to use them in multiple functions.
You can also chose cheap golf gps like golf gps under 200 for batter performance to your golf courses.
Apple vs. Garmin chart
Apple watches are good for tracking and fitness.
Garmin watches can provide excellent aid on the golf course.
Apple watches may not include any pre-loaded course.
Garmin GPS watches tend to come with pre-loaded courses.
Apple will take much time to load or download a course.
Garmin already comes with pre-loaded courses, reducing the load time.
Apple watches will provide multiple functions.
Garmin watches are limited to certain functions.
Apple watches are precise and accurate.
Garmin watches also ensure accuracy.
This article contains products from both brands that can make your golfing more manageable and more dynamic. We have added five GPS watches from Garmin and three from Apple to make the comparison. Before we compare the brands, let us first find out the specifications that you will get from these devices-