A battery produces the fuel to run an electric golf cart. A quality battery enhances the true potential of your golf cart to a great extent. That is why it becomes quite mandatory to choose a quality battery. Otherwise, you may have to spend some extra budget on the replacement cost.
If you are thinking about replacing your golf cart batteries, then throughout this whole article, we have brought for you 7 extra-ordinary batteries from different manufacturers that you can try in your golf cart.
Among all the products, Trojan Trojan 6 Volt Battery T-105 is our best pick for today that you can try for its specifically deep-cycled design.
If you think you will go for the other products t give a look, then you are welcome!
Best golf cart batteries
1. Trojan Trojan 6 Volt Battery T-105
This one comes with the flooded lead-acid material. It has the longest track record in solar electric use and is still used in the majority of stand-alone alternative energy systems.
The thicker plates included in this battery is going to produce less peak current.
The longest life and the least cost per amp-hour feature are going to make it a reasonable thing that you can try for your cart.
Finally, the continuous power production and long-lasting values should be the worth of your money.
- Flooded lead-acid material
- Longest track record in solar electric use
- Thicker plates
- longest life and the least cost per amp-hour
- continuous power production and long-lasting values
2. Universal Power Group UB62000 6V
The most beneficial thing about this product is that this one comes with an easy mount facility. That means you will get the authenticity to mount it anywhere you want to.
This particular battery from Universal power has the capacity to resist shock and vibration.
Another benefit of having this item is that this one comes with SLA/AGM maintenance-free feature.
The complete dimension of this item is 12.05 inches x 6.61 inches x 8.95 inches and the complete weight is around 60.62 lbs.
Finally, the perfect voltage and amperage production is going to make you happy to a great extent.
- Easy mount technology
- SLA/AGM maintenance-free
- 12.05 inches x 6.61 inches x 8.95 inches;60.62 lbs.
- Resist shock and vibration
- Perfect voltage and amperage production.
3. VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225Ah AGM Battery
This deep cycle battery is going to ensure a float service life span of more than 8-9 years.
The electrolyte suspension is going to absorb and contain all the electrolyte for a better experience.
The VMAX heavy duty lead-tin alloys are going to provide an extra margin of service. That means if you repeatedly discharge the battery, then again it is going to be productive.
The maintenance-free feature is going to give you relief from any kind of maintenance including water or electrolyte.
This one comes with a dimension of 9.5 x 7.3 x 11 inches.
- Deep cycle battery
- Electrolyte suspension
- Heavy-duty lead-tin alloys
- Maintenance-free feature
- Dimension: 9.5 x 7.3 x 11 inches.
4. Golf Cart Battery US2200 XC2 6-Volt
This particular item is from Momentum Battery & Lift Truck Solutions, and this one is a lead-acid battery that is going to make sure that you get the perfect production of energy wherever you go.
The hand-welded busbar construction of this item is going to ensure the durability of this product to a great extent.
The heavier construction of this product is going to make sure that you get the perfect supply of electrolytes, even in the rough condition.
The 232 amp/hour production should give you satisfaction while driving.
Finally, the 1000+ Cycles at 50% Depth of Discharge should provide you the exact product that you have been looking for.
- Lead-acid battery
- Hand-welded busbar construction
- Heavier construction
- 232 amp/hour production
- 1000+ Cycles at 50% Depth of Discharge
5. Universal Power Group UBGC8 8 Volt
In the fifth place, we have, again, brought for you another product from the Universal Power Group. This one is an 8-volt battery that is going to produce 200 amperes per hour for a better movement.
Like most other Universal Power Group batteries, this one is also going to produce you a maintenance-free service. That means you need no thinking about water or electrolyte supply.
Another great benefit of this product is that this one is a spill-proof battery that is going to enhance your productivity to a great extent.
This one is a rechargeable battery that is going to provide you an easy mount feature. That means you are going to get the authenticity to mount it anywhere in the world you want.
Finally, the shock and vibration resistant feature is going to protect you from any kind of malfunction.
- 200 ampere per hour power production
- maintenance-free service
- spill-proof battery
- rechargeable battery with the easy mount feature
- shock and vibration resistant
6. Amstron GC2 6V AGM Golf Cart
In the sixth place, we have brought for a product from Amstron, and this one is also a lead-acid battery that is going to provide you the perfect power supply continuously.
This one has a capacity of 6 volt supply and the 210Ah Maintenance Free Absorbed Glass Mat Technology is going to run your cart smoothly without breaking the flow.
The maintenance free-feature added to this battery is going to give you relief from maintaining water levels or accidental spillage.
As no free liquid is included in this item, there are no chances of damage, even if the battery gets frozen.
This battery is specially designed to reduce the heat generation during the charge and discharge cycles, providing you longer and more reliable cycle life.
- Lead-acid battery
- 210Ah Maintenance Free Absorbed Glass Mat Technology
- Maintenance free-feature
- No inclusion of free-liquid
- Reduces the heat generation to a great extent.
7. Universal Power Group (35Ah)(12 volts)
In the seventh and final place, we have brought another product from Universal Power Group. This time it is a 12-volt battery that has a production capacity of 35Ah.
As usual, this one is also going to produce a maintenance-free service. As a result, this one is going to give you relief from the inclusion of water or electrolyte every now and then.
If you are looking for a productive battery, then the spill-proof technology added to this item should give you relief to a great extent.
The easy-mount feature added to this item is going to give you the authenticity to charge it in any place you want to.
The total dimension of this product is 12.25 x 9.31 x 9.63 inches, and the complete weight is around 46 pounds. That means it is a lightweight battery filled with qualities.
- 12-volt battery; production capacity: 35Ah.
- Maintenance-free service
- Spill-proof technology
- Easy-mount feature
- 12.25 x 9.31 x 9.63 inches; weights: 46 pounds.
Short buying guides
A good quality battery is the power-house of your cart that tends to give you a smooth flow while riding. But, while choosing a new battery for your golf cart, there are many things that you need to consider. Here are the top five things that you should consider while buying a battery for your cart.
1. Type of the battery
In general, there are three different types of batteries that you would find in the market for your golf cart. Make sure the product that you are aiming to buy is completely compatible with the cart that you have.
2. Life cycle of the battery
Looking at the life cycle of the battery is also important because it lets you know how long the battery is going to last. Choose a battery that can be used for a long time. Besides, make sure that the battery is chargeable on many occasions.
The third thing that you should make sure while buying a new item is the weight of the product. Too much weight is never a good choice and too light neither. Make sure the product has a mid-range weight.
Looking at the dimension of the battery is more than necessary. Imagine, you have bought a new battery and the battery does not fit to your cart. A drastic situation, isn’t it? Make sure the dimension of the battery is completely compatible with your cart.
Finally, make sure the item that you are aiming to buy has a reasonable price.
How long do golf cart batteries last?
The probable answer to this question is not certain. The estimation of the whole lifespan of a battery can never be foreseen. If you take good care of your battery, then the battery is going to last for quite a long time, whereas low or cheap maintenance can reduce the lifespan of the battery to a great extent.
- But, in general, it is being said that a brand new golf cart cell is going to provide you service for at least five years and a maximum number of 8 to 9 years.
How much are golf cart batteries?
Depending on the voltage, amperage, and quality production of the cell, the price range of the cell can vary to a great extent.
On average for a single battery, the costing would be around 70 dollars to 250 dollars, whereas for a complete set, the pricing would be around 700-800 dollars.
- If you are looking for a six-volt battery to buy, then the pricing would be around 60 dollars to 300 dollars
- For 8 volt batteries, the pricing would be around 70 dollars to 300 dollars.
- For 12 volt batteries, the pricing would be around 70 dollars to 350 dollars.
How to test a golf cart battery?
While testing your golf cart battery, you need to think about four major steps that will indicate the condition of your golf cart battery.
They are voltage, amperage, cable, and electrolyte.
- Voltage is like the horsepower of a car. The better the voltage of your cart, the stronger your golf cart batteries are.
- Amperage determines the capacity of your golf cart battery. If the amperage is higher, it will reach a great distance, and if it is lower, it will not reach that much distance.
- Cables are those parts that attach your golf cart batteries with the cart so that it can move with the signal. If the cables are not well proportionate and balanced, you will fail to get the exact service.
- At last, the electrolyte is the solvent of water and sulfuric acid. a balance between these two catalytic solvents determines whether you will be able to get the best service out of it or not.
When you will go for testing your golf cart battery, never forgot to look at all these factors.
Golf cart batteries types
In general, there two different types of golf cart batteries that you would find in the market. They are-
- Deep Cycle Lead Acid Battery-these types of batteries are composed of two cells with lead and lead oxide. You need to use sulphuric acid to maintain this kind of cell. These types of batteries can be of another three kinds. They are-Flooded Lead Acid, Gel Lead-Acid Batteries, and AGM Lead-Acid Batteries
- Lithium-Ion Battery- this is the most common and frequently seen battery that you would find in most of the carts of the present days. The construction material of every lithium-ion batteries are made from power-generating, conductive surfaces called cells.
Depending on the voltage production, a golf cart battery can be of another three types. They are
- 6-volt battery- 6, 6-volt batteries are going to constitute a 36-volt production
- 8-volt battery-the combination of 6, 8-volt batteries are going to constitute a 48-volt battery.
- 12-volt battery- the combination of 4, 12 batteries are going to constitute a 48-volt battery.
Choosing a good quality battery or cell is not a kind of easy task that you can accomplish without having the proper knowledge. We believe, scanning through this whole article is going to benefit you greatly while choosing a good quality golf cart battery.