Best golf scorecard holder reviews 2021
A golf scorecard holder is a great way to keep your scorecard safe and secure.
Throughout this whole article, we have brought seven scorecard holders that you can try without any kind of hesitation.
Although all the seven items are equivalent, Callaway Golf Leather Scorecard Holder will remain as our top pick for today.
We highly recommend you to scan through the later section of this article if you don’t know the basics of counting or reading your golf score. Besides, the buying guide section might also help to choose better.
Related post: Golf balls for women reviews
1. Callaway Golf Leather Scorecard Holder
Our first recommended product is from Callaway, and this one is suitable both for the golf scorecard and yardage book.
The synthetic leather protective covering is going to protect your scorecard or yardage book from any kind of dirt and damages.
The elastic pencil holder included with this item will ensure that you lose no pencil anymore.
Thinking about access? The lightweight and smaller construction help it to fit easily on your back pocket for easy access.
The sharp and classy design makes it look unique and bright.
- Manufacturer: Callaway
- Suitable for golf scorecard and yardage book
- Synthetic leather protective covering.
- Elastic pencil holder.
- Easy access with back pocket support.
- Sharp and classy design.
2. Craftsman Golf Leather Scorecard Holder
Our second recommendation is from Craftsman Golf, and this one is available in four different styles to choose from.
This one is comparatively smaller making it more portable to carry and easily keepable in the back pocket.
The premium synthetic leather quality makes this item long-lasting and durable.
The sweat, dust, and scratch protected features are going to protect your scorecard from any kind of damage.
Besides, the USA flag design should provide a patriotic feel while playing.
- Manufacturer: Craftsman Golf
- Comparatively smaller; portable; suitable for the back pocket
- Premium synthetic leather
- sweat, dust, and scratch protection
- USA flag design
Related post: Odyssey putter reviews
3. Rustico Leather Golf Log Book Handmade
Our third recommendation for a golf scorecard holder is from Rustico Store, and this one is available with a dimension of 3.75” x 5.25”.
The Handcrafted design with premium US-sourced top grain leather makes this item a unique and quality product.
This holder is going to have one Golf Log Notebook with 3.5” x 5” pages to count down endless games on the course.
The elastic wrapping is going to protect the holder and the scorecard from any kind of dust, debris, or scratches.
The smaller construction makes this item easily keepable in the back pocket while swinging your clubs.
- Manufacturer: Rustico Store
- Dimension: 3.75” x 5.25”.
- Handcrafted design with premium US-sourced top grain leather
- one Golf Log Notebook with 3.5” x 5” pages
- elastic wrapping
- smaller construction
4. On Par Crocodile Scorecard Holder
This one is from On Par, and this one is unique with the crocodile design. The dimension of this scorecard holder is 7.28inches x 4.33inches
The Durable faux leather outer cover will make sure that you get the authenticity to use it for a long time without any kind of scratch and damage.
This one can hold all sizes of scorecards making it more universal.
The course guide holder and pencil holder make this item more convenient at any time in the course.
Besides, this one includes a link to unlimited printable golf game trackers sheets.
- Manufacturer: On Par.
- Dimension: 7.28inches x 4.33inches
- The durable faux leather outer cover
- Can hold all sizes of scorecards
- Course guide holder and pencil holder
- Crocodile design and link of a printable unlimited trackers sheet.
5. Sunfish Golf Scorecard + Yardage Book Holder
In the fifth place, we have brought a product from Sunfish, and this one is available with a dimension of 7 1/2" x 4 1/2"
100% hand-made high-quality premium synthetic Dura leather should not make you hesitate about the durability of the product.
The inclusion of five elastic bands inside the holder is going to provide you the authenticity to keep your scorecard, yardage book, hole location sheet, and even your pencil.
The star mark on the cover provides it a vibrant look that you would love for sure.
Finally, the smaller size and light-weight design allow you to keep it in the side pocket while swinging.
- Manufacturer: Sunfish
- Dimension: 7 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- 100% hand-made high-quality premium synthetic Dura leather
- Five elastic bands inside the holder
- Star mark on the cover
- The smaller size and light-weight design
6. PGA TOUR Scorecard Holder
This one is from the manufacturer of PGA TOUR, and this one should not disappoint you with the vibrant color that it has.
The Durable Synthetic leather Cover makes this item long-lasting and scratch-resistant.
This one has a length of 18cm/7 inches and a Width of 11cm / 4.25 inches. This one includes one Standard Scorecard (removable) and 1 Pencil to write down your score.
The Quality Embossed PGA TOUR logo, on the other hand, adds extra elegancy to this product.
- Manufacturer: PGA TOUR
- Durable Synthetic leather Cover
- Length: 18cm/7 inches; Width: 11cm / 4.25 inches.
- Includes one scorecard and one pencil
- Quality Embossed PGA TOUR logo
7. PLENTY Leather Golf Performance Scorecard Holder
Finally, in the seventh place, we have brought for you a scorecard holder from the manufacturer Plenty.
This one is available with a dimension of 4.3 × 7.3 inches (110 × 185 mm).
This is a four in one item that is going to enable you to have Scorecard Holder, Pen Holder, Card Holder, and Lanyard Buckle in one item.
The PU leather cover material makes this item scratch and dust resistant to keep a healthier balance.
The smaller and lightweight design is going to allow you to keep it in the side pocket.
- Manufacturer: Plenty
- Dimension: 4.3 × 7.3 inches (110 × 185 mm).
- Four in one.
- PU leather cover material
- Smaller and lightweight design.
Short buying guides
Although it feels like, no further speculation is required while buying a new scorecard holder; because they all are small and look like the same, some factors can influence the quality of the holder to a great extent. That is why here are the top three things that you should not miss looking at while buying a new golf scorecard holder.
1. Quality of the leather
The very first thing that you should be looking at while buying a scorecard holder is the quality of the leather. Better quality leather is going to make sure that the holder remains durable and scratch-free for a long time.
2. Size of the leather
The next thing you might look at while buying a new holder is the size of the holder. Size actually matters because, in the time of playing, you need to keep the scorecard with you. To do it properly, a lightweight and smaller sized holder is a must-have item. Make sure that the holder that you are thinking about buying can be placed in your back pocket so that you can carry it conveniently.
The final thing that you should be looking at is the price of the item. While buying a new holder, you will notice a variety of price ranges that can baffle you easily. Choosing between 10 to 15 dollars should be an appropriate choice.
How to read a golf scorecard?
For the first time, if you take a golf scorecard in your hand, you may wonder what the hell all these numbers are trying to express. Although at first glance it seems a bit difficult, understanding the scorecard is not an impossible task that you cant accomplish. In this particular section, we are going to make it clear to you about the ways to understand the scoring system.
1. Understanding the hole marking
- The very first thing that you would notice after opening any scorecard is the hole segment. This particular section defines the number of holes that the course you are playing in has.
- In general, either the golf course will have nine holes, or it will be an 18 hole course.
- On the scorecard, you will notice there are 18 holes marked from 1 to 18.
- All the 18 holes are divided into two sections.
- Holes 1 to 9 are known as front 9 holes, and holes 10 to 18 are known as back 9 holes.
- After the end of the ninth hole and before the beginning of the 10th hole, you will notice another section which is marked as OUT, and it means playing away from the clubhouse. Again, after the end of the 18th hole, you will notice another section which is marked as the IN section, and it means playing back toward the clubhouse.
2. Understanding the tees and the distance:
- Down below the hole section, you will find three or four sections like blue, green, grey, black, or gold, etc. all these markings suggest the name of the tees that you are playing from.
- Under any tee and down below the hole section, the shown number defines the distance of the hole from the tee area. I mean, if under the blue tee and hole 1 is marked as 356, then it means that the distance of the hole 1 from the blue tee is 356 yards.
- In the out section, the perimeter will define the total yardage of the holes 1 to 9. In the IN section, the perimeter will define the whole aggregated yardage of holes 10 to 18.
- In general, black or gold tees are for professionals. And, they define the furthest distance from the hole.
- The blue tee is for the local or good amateur players, and they define the second-longest tee from the hole.
- White tees are for the players who have a high-handicap tag. These are usually the mid-range tees from the hole.
- Red and green tees are the shortest tees that you would notice in the golf course, and they are suitable for beginners.
- Handicap is another kind of index that you would notice in the golf scorecard. Some scorecards may not include this index, but, mostly there is a high chance that this one is going to be on your scorecard. Even, a woman handicap index is also possible that you might notice in a scorecard.
- The par index defines the expected number of strokes that you should take to complete each of the holes. In the ‘OUT’ and ‘IN’ section, there will be the aggregated number of par hole that the front and back 9 hole has. If you are playing in an 18 hole course, then both the ‘IN’ and ‘OUT’ section should have 36 par scores making the whole 18-hole a 72 par score course.
Writing on the scorecard
Now that, we all know the basics that are required to understand the scorecard. Now is the time to write down the inputs that we are making while playing on a golf course. This is how you should be doing the task-
- In the blank boxes, write down the name of the players that you are playing with.
- In the row of the player's name and under the column of the hole, write down the number of strokes that the player is taking to complete the hole. I mean, if your name is A, and to complete the hole 1 if you have taken 5 strokes, then write down five on the column of hole 1 besides your name A. do this for the others players as well who are playing with you.
- Finally, count down the number of strokes of every player at the end of the 18 holes. To make it simple, after each front and back 9 holes, aggregate the number of strokes of every player in the ‘OUT’ and ‘IN’ row. And then, add the IN and OUT value to find out the winner of the game.
Best golf scorecard app?
In this digitalized world, people are greatly relying on technologies that are making our everyday life easier. Golf is no exception in that case also. Many different apps and programs are making golfing easier day by day. Golf scorecard apps are such a kind of program that you can use to make the counting easy. Here are some of the best apps both for Android and iPhone that you can think about using as a golf scorecard.
SWING BY SWING
Scoring might be tough in golf. But, choosing a quality scorecard can be tougher if you are not aware of the things that you should be looking at. We believe, scanning through this whole article is going to give you relief from all these…