Best rated golf cart heater (Electric, Portable) reviews 2021
If you are amongst the hardcore golfers, you might love to go out for the golf course with your golf cart. But you will also feel the pinch of cold very keenly if you don’t have a heater in your golf cart and that’s why I’m here with the best golf cart heaters.
Depending on your preference, you can go for an electric heater or propane heater and both these heaters have advantages and disadvantages. However, before selecting any golf cart heater, you must ensure safety during the ride.
Let’s make a table of my selected heaters to make it easier for you to choose the right one for you.
Best golf cart heater
Mr. Heater F242010 MH4GC Golf Cart Heater, Silver and Black
1. 4,000 BTU liquid propane heater
Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
1. Almost 100 percent efficient heating
Best for Propane Heater
Coleman GolfCat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater
1. Push button for matchless electronic lighting
Best cheap heater
Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
1. Pressure regulator on-off control valve
Best compact design
Comfort Zone CZ707 1500 Watt Compact Utility Heater, Gray
1. Powerful 1500 watt performance
Best for cart and personal use
Caframo Limited True North Space heater
1. It has a rugged construction
Best heating blanket
Stalwart 75-blanket Blue Heated Automotive Blanket
1. A soft 12-volt electric blanket
Stansport Deluxe Golf/Marine Infrared Propane Heater
1. Eight hours of uninterrupted heating service
Best for easy mounting
Maradyne H-400012 Santa Fe 12V Floor Mount Heater
1. It comes with a compact design
1. Mr. Heater F242010 MH4GC Golf Cart Heater, Silver and Black:
Brand: Mr. Heater
Weight: 10.6 pounds
If you are searching for a perfect solution to heat your golf cart, here is one from Mr. Heater that comes with 4,000 BTU liquid propane. You can connect this heater to one pound of cylinder efficiently. It includes an oxygen depletion system and tip-over switch. This safety tip minimizes nuisance shut-offs when driving on bumpy cart paths. It can produce heat up to 225 sq. ft.
The heater has Hi-low heat settings and a swivel regulator. There are an integrated handle and cup holder adaptor, which makes this unit easy to transport and it is also compatible with most golf cart cup holders. To light the unit, you only have to push and hold the ignition button, because there is a Piezo sparking mechanism that will do the rest. Also, you will find a wind-resistant protective screen in the heater.
- 4,000 BTU liquid propane heater
- Produces heat up to 225 sq. ft
- There are integrated handle and cup hold adaptor
- It includes an oxygen depletion system and tip-over switch.
2. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
Brand: Mr. Heater
Weight: 9.5 pounds
If you want clean-burning and also heat your golf cart efficiently, you can select this portable radiant heater from Mr. Heater. It comes with a wire guard and it will provide you almost 100 percent efficient performance. It is a 4,000 to 9,000 BTU radiant heater that can work well up to 200 sq. ft.
It has a nice feature of auto shut off. It will automatically shut up when tipped over when the pilot light goes out or the unit detects low oxygen. You can easily connect it to a propane tank, but it is not included in the set. There is a fold-down handle for easy storage and carrying. And there is a swivel out regulator also.
- Almost 100 percent efficient heating
- Automatic shut off feature
- There is a fold-down handle.
- It has a swivel out regulator.
3. Coleman Golf Cat Perfectemp Catalytic Propane Heater
Weight: 6.5 pounds
You can have seven hours of long-lasting warmth with this propane heater from Coleman. You need a propane cylinder to work with this heater and you have to buy this separately as it is not included in the set. You will find a push button on the backside for electronic matchless lighting.
The users will not get higher output like 4,000 BTU because it can only provide 3,000 BTU. If you have any flat surface in the outdoor where the golf cart is kept, you can set up the heater there as it can stand on a table, floor, or a flat surface. However, the disadvantage of this heater is that it will only provide you a limited lifetime.
- Push button for matchless electronic lighting
- 3,000 BTU output
- It can stand on any flat surface
- It works with a propane cylinder.
4. Texsport Sportsmate Portable Propane Heater
Weight: 2 pounds
There is an auto shut-off valve in the heater from Texsport that automatically shuts off the system when the flame goes out. It includes a molded plastic cup holder and large paddle foot to produce more excellent stability. You can adjust the burner maximum up to 3,000 BTUs with the pressure regulator on or off the control valve.
The heater also comes with an aluminum reflector safety grid that ensures safety and efficient use. The cup holder can hold 16.4 ounces of disposable propane cylinder, but you have to buy this separately. The heater is ideal for golf carts for long time use. It is made of stainless steel to provide you a long time service with maintaining durability.
- Pressure regulator on-off control valve
- It has a molded plastic cup holder and large paddle foot.
- Aluminum reflector safety gird
- It is made of stainless steel.
5. Comfort Zone CZ707 1500 Watt Compact Utility Heater, Gray
Brand: CCC Comfort Zone
Weight: 3 pounds
Do you want a heater that can help you to reduce the electric bill? Well, there is one for you that comes from CCC Comfort Zone that comes with compact and powerful 1500 watt performance. This high-class performance allows targeted heating in a garage or workshop. You have three settings including fan-only settings, low and high heat settings.
There is an adjustable rotary thermostat on this compact utility heater, which makes it easier for you to find the perfect temperature depending on your comfort zone. Also, you don’t have to worry about safety as it has power and caution indicator lights, a tip-over switch and an overheat protection sensor. There are a convenient carry handle and durable stay-cool metal housing for easy carry and storing.
- Powerful 1500 watt performance
- Three different temperature settings
- Power and caution indicator lights
- It has a tip-over switch and overheats protection sensor.
6. Caframo Limited True North Space heater
Brand: Caframo Limited
Weight: 5.3 pounds
Keep your room warm throughout the whole night with this electric heater from Caframo Limited. It comes with rugged construction that confirms the durability and long-lasting use of the heater. There is a built-in adjustable thermostat, which helps to keep your surrounding heat for a longer period.
You will get five different temperature settings in the heater that bring variety to warm in different conditions. The heater also comes with dual overheat protection that is great for heating the home, cottage, or the RV. The heater also has anti-freezing settings that come on at 38 degrees Fahrenheit. You will get a powerful 1500 watt performance from this electric heater.
- It has a rugged construction.
- Built-in adjustable thermostat
- There are five different temperature settings.
- The anti-freezing setting comes on at 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Stalwart 75-blanket Blue Heated Automotive Blanket
Weight: 1.8 ounces
Plug in this warmth blanket in any car, RV, or SUV to get moderate warmth inside your vehicle. It is a soft 12-volt electric blanket that helps you stay warm until you unplug it. The blanket is equipped with 96 inches long cord that allows even the guys on the rear seat keeps them warm during the whole trip.
It is a lightweight blanket and it comes with a thin wire that is enough for providing you long-lasting warm and comfortable heat. The blanket comes with a dimension of 59 inches in length and 43 inches wide. It comes in blue color and it is made of 100% polyester. Moreover, you will find a storage case with handles for easy transportation.
- A soft 12-volt electric blanket
- Made of 100% polyester
- It is equipped with 96 inches long cord.
- There is a storage case with handles.
8. Stansport Deluxe Golf/Marine Infrared Propane Heater
Weight: 2.3 pounds
You can have up to eight hours of uninterrupted service from this propane heater from Stansport. The heater needs a 16.4 ounces disposable propane cylinder for working. It comes with the ability to supply 3,500 BTUs of heat. It is perfect for use in golf carts because it easily fits into them.
It provides you a quieter operation like whispering in the ears in golf or marine environments. It fits well in the cup holder in golf carts with including adaptor. You can also use in tabletop. The heater comes to you with matchless electric ignition. You are going to get a durable heat reflector in the heater for safe and controlled heating performance.
- Eight hours of uninterrupted heating service
- Supplies 3,500 BTUs of heat
- Fits well in the golf cart’s cup holder and on a tabletop
- It has a matchless electric ignition.
9. Maradyne H-400012 Santa Fe 12V Floor Mount Heater
Weight: 7.8 pounds
This heater from Maradyne comes with a compact design and all the mounting hardware for easy setup. It comes with a capacity of supplying 13,200 BTUs heat per hour. It comes with a built-in two-speed fan control switch. The heavy-duty, long-life motor will provide you a long time service.
It comes with a rigid steel case with a gray finish and it measures 9 7/8 inches in height, 7 3/8 inches in length, and 7 ¼ inches in depth. The heater also comes with adjustable louvers. With the included mounting hardware in the set, you can easily mount it on the floor.
- It comes with a compact design.
- Supplies 13,200 BTUs per hour
- It has a built-in two-speed fan control switch.
- It comes in a rigid steel case with a gray finish.
How to heat a golf cart
By setting up a golf cart heater into your favorite golf cart, you can easily produce heat and make the cart warm. For installing the heater, you have to follow a few steps, which will help heat the golf cart as well.
- First, you need to connect a one-pound propane gas tank to the base of the heater.
- Now you have to put the heater into the cup holder base if you want to install it in your golf cart or put it in the standalone base for outside installation.
- Then turn the regulator knob to the left direction to open the fuel line and then hold by pressing the red button on top.
- You can adjust the BTU generating rate by moving the pressure regulator. Thus the heater will produce enough heat depending on your preference and heat your golf cart.
Don’t miss this crucial buying guides
How can you skip this buying guide when looking for the best heater for your golf cart? So stay tuned with me.
Type of heater: There are basically two types of golf cart heaters, propane and electric. Propane heaters are cheaper and easily mountable on the golf cart as you don’t need any extra accessories for this. But if you want to have a permanent setup and also want to spend more dollars, you can go for an electric one.
BTU generating rate: BTU generating is an essential factor to consider when you want to have the heater's best possible warmth. The ideal BTU generating rate ranges from 3,000 to 4,000. However, some heaters also come with up to 10,000 BTU generating rate.
Controlling system: You should purchase a golf cart heater that comes with a basic controlling system like high/low and fan rotation.
Safety features: You must check out what safety features does the golf cart heater provides you. In electric heaters, you need to have automatic shut-off features to avoid drainage of the golf cart’s battery. Anti-bump features keep your heater in place even on bumpy surfaces. You should also look for a pressure regulator and low oxygen detector features.
Cost: The cost depends on what type of heater you are purchasing. But on average, you can have one by spending something within $50 to $120.
How to start Mr. Heater golf cart heater
Mr. Heater is one of the most popular brands in producing golf cart heaters. Start your Mr. Heater golf cart heater by following the below steps.
- First, set the cup holder in your golf cart in a suitable position.
- Then attach a one-pound propane cylinder and then put the heater on the cupholder.
- Now press and hold the ignition button, because it will produce heat with the help of the Piezo sparking mechanism.
- You can also change the BTU rate through the swivel regulator.
Golf cart heater voltage
Typically golf cart heaters come with 36 voltage of the battery and 48 voltage of the battery. For a longer lifespan, a 48-volt battery will go on well than a 36-volt battery. The lifespan of the batteries also depends on the cycle of charging them. Each time you charge the batteries, it will be equal to one cycle. Charge your golf cart battery you need good battery charger.
Here you are now with a decision to make, which one of these golf cart heaters you need for your golf cart. If you want to remain on the cheaper side, the propane heater will go well, but an electric heater will cost you more and also will need some installation. So the final choice is up to.