If you are watching golf on television, you probably feel like it's easy, and you will be the champion when you are playing in the course. But, trust me! Golf can be an intimidating sport for every beginner. Especially when it is about developing the skill of a good swing. Developing the swing skill is the first pre-requisite that you need to acquire to be a better golfer. If you are reading this article, there is a high chance that you also like me (once) fear that you are not good enough to hone the skill. But, believe me! Some consistent effort and indulgence can make you perfect in this section.
Follow the steps down below that I have followed to overcome the fear and to develop the skill of a good swing.
Overcoming the fear-the first step
Yes! Overcoming fear is the first and the most important obstacle that you need to be good at. If you feel like you are not good enough, you are never going to be. It just requires a small little push to believe that you are going to make it. Now! If you are confident that you are going to make it, then follow the steps down below to develop the skill of a better swing.
Making the right position
When it is about developing a better swing skill, the first practical step that you need to be good at is making a perfect position or gesture. To do so follow the steps down below-
- To make a better positioning, at the very beginning, you need to make a perfect weight distribution. In that case, distributing the weight between the middle of the two feet should be the ideal choice.
- Keep a balance distance between your feet and the golf ball.
- Make sure you are comfortable while making the swing. That means, stand in a position that you feel comfortable most instead of standing in a superficial way.
Read more: Golf Driver for beginners
Honing the skill of backswing
The next most important step that you need to be good at to develop a better swing is to master the skill of a better backswing. To hone the skill of a better backswing, follow the steps down below-
- If you are a right-handed player, the essential thing that you need to keep in mind while making a perfect backswing is keeping the left forearm straight. Most beginners make mistakes in this particular section. Instead of keeping the left forearm straight, they start rotating the left forearm with the club. As a result, you don’t get the expected distance or a quality swing.
- The next thing that you need to keep in mind while making a perfect backswing is to keep the heel on the ground. If you fail to keep the heel on the ground while making the backswing, you will fail to create enough force that will take the golf ball to a great distance.
- Finally, rotate the hip with the club as you make the backswing. When your hips rotate in a circular motion with the club, you get the perfect momentum that is necessary to make a better swing.
Making the perfect forward swing
Now that you know how you should be making the perfect backswing, now it is the time to hone the skill of a perfect forward swing which is the last section that is necessary to complete a perfect swing.
Follow the steps down below to develop the skill of a perfect forward swing-
- To do so, move your hip first in accordance with the golf club.
- Remember that when you are going to complete the downswing the club is going to make contact with the golf ball. That is why is it more than necessary to enforce the exact amount of energy to get the appropriate distance.
- Now make the swing with full confidence to enjoy the appropriate swing that you have been looking for.
Things that you should consider
Many things are there that you should consider developing the skill of a perfect swing. Here are some of the tips that will help you to be a better golfer.
- Visualization is a great tactic that can help you to be a better golfer. Before striking the ball, visualize that you are going to make it possible. Visualize the stroke that you actually want to make.
- Concentrating on too many things at a time can impact badly on the total outcome. Don’t look at the flag or the person standing next behind you. If you do so, the performance rate is going to be deteriorated for sure.
- Developing your own comfort zone is another important thing that most people won't tell you. Now, trying to develop one's comfort zone may lead to avoiding some conventional rules. But we will highly encourage you to do so. Because most of the professional golfers in the world have their own intellectual capability that they have created through indulgence and practice. Who can say whether you are going to be the next great or not?
- Finally, try to improve every single day. Try to find the faults and mistakes that you are making while playing. If you become very good at finding mistakes, you will get vast opportunities to develop in many areas. Wanting to change is the first big step that leads you to greatness.
Developing the skill in any particular area requires time, patience, and consistency of efforts. The absence of one single factor can make the task more daunting. Throughout this whole article, we have added the most important aspects and presentation that you should be following to develop the skill of a perfect swing as a beginner. For your better convenience, let's summarize the main part again, overcome the fear, make a perfect position, be good at the back and front swing, and finally consider to be bold and confident enough to make it possible.