A golf cart does not necessarily have permission to go on the street or the neighborhood. But if you are thinking about making your golf cart street legal as an LSV to drive on the road or around the community, installing a golf cart turn signal becomes a must.
To help you to get the best golf cart turn signal kit according to your cart brand and model, here are the seven best golf cart turn signals that ought to be an exclusive inclusion to your cart.
Best golf cart turn signal kit
1. RHOX Universal Golf Cart Turn Signal Switch with Horn Button (Best universal)
- This turn signal kit is compatible with all popular golf cart brands.
- This turn signal kit includes a horn button. You need to purchase the horn separately.
- The inclusion of the flasher relay makes the kit more convenient for your cart.
- The electronic controller will ensure smooth operation.
RHOX has brought this universal golf cart turn signal for every possible golf cart brand. This one should comply with most EZ-GO, Club Car, and Yamaha models. If your cart already has a light harness installed, this turn signal will not take more than 10 minutes to install.
This one comes with a horn button, allowing you to notify others about your movement. By the way, the horn does not come with the purchase. You need to purchase the horn separately. This one also comes with the flasher relay, making the item more convenient.
Besides, you can expect to get a smooth operation with the electronic controller. You will get the harness and wiring instructions to enjoy a smooth installation. This one works better with the RHOX led light kits. To install it with other lights, you may need to hardwire it.
- The easy plug-in feature will allow you to enjoy a swift installation.
- It provides the necessary harness to enjoy an easier installation.
- The high/low beam design will work as handy to give you a comfortable experience.
2. 10L0L Golf Cart total set for club car
- This lighting kit is compatible with all Club Car DS models from 1993 to the present.
- These lights will work with a 12-volt function. You may need to use a voltage reducer to ensure functionality with any 36-volt or 48-volt system.
- This complete kit includes two headlights, two taillights, turn signals, a horn, brake lights, and all necessary hardware.
- The combination of ABS plastic and quartz glass will ensure durability.
This is a complete lighting kit set from 10LOL for the Club Car DS models from 1993 to newer. This one is compatible with any 12-volt function. That means if you have a 36V or 48V battery system, you need to use a voltage reducer to ensure a smooth 12-volt connection.
This complete kit includes two headlights, two taillights, turn signals, a horn, brake lights, and all necessary hardware to complete the installation. You can expect to get high-end durability with the combination of ABS plastic and quartz glass. Besides, all these brighter LEDs will provide sharp lighting at night.
Finally, the instruction guide with the necessary wiring harness should ensure easy installation. If you are looking for a complete lighting kit for your DS models, this complete kit should be a worthy inclusion.
- The installation process is going to be smooth with all necessary hardware and a proper instruction guide.
- This kit will provide the solution for every lighting problem.
- These lights are enough bright to give you a transparent view at night.
3. GTW Upgrade Kit - Includes Turn Signal, Brake Pad, Horn universal
- You will get six different parts to upgrade your cart, including the turn signal.
- You can expect to get a convenient installation process with the plug-and-play installation.
- The waterproof harness connector will ensure a safe connection.
- These gears are compatible with both LED and halogen-based lights.
GTW has brought this exclusive turn signal kit for the most popular golf cart brands, including Club Car, Yamaha, and EZ-GO. This kit includes six different parts, including the turn signal, brake part, and horn. One of the main reasons to go with this item is the plug-and-play feature. Simply plug the harness on the board, and you are ready to go.
Besides, this one includes waterproof harness connectors to ensure a safe connection. On top of that, these gears are compatible with both LED and halogen-based lights. This premium upgrade kit is always ready to give your cart a new look. This GTW product with that price range should be an excellent inclusion in your cart.
- These gears are compatible with the most popular golf carts, making them universal.
- These gears are available at an assuring price.
- The installation process is more manageable than ever before.
4. Fat cat ULTIMATE LIGHT KIT UPGRADE W/TURN SIGNAL, HORN & BRAKE PAD
Brand: Fat CAT Golf.
- This one is compatible with EZ-GO and Yamaha golf carts.
- The kit includes a turn signal, horn, and a brake pad switch.
- The plug-and-play feature makes this one a handy option for anyone.
- You will be able to ensure a perfect position as the harness will provide plenty of slack to go down the steering column.
The next recommended product on this list is from Fat Cat Golf, and this is a complete turn signal kit that includes a turn signal, horn, and a brake pad switch. Your upgrade should be better with all these gears.
These gears are compatible with the most popular golf carts, including EZ-GO and Yamaha. A good quality turn signal will always come with a plug-and-play feature, and this one is no different as well. You will be able to enjoy the easiest installation process with the plug-and-play feature.
This kit comes with proper instructions to allow you a handy installation. Besides, the harness will provide plenty of slack to go down the steering column to ensure a perfect position. Finally, the horn that comes with this kit is loud enough to notify your presence on the road. Choose the kit to let people know that you are coming.
- The kit comes with an instruction guide to make the installation easier.
- The horn that comes with the kit is enough loud to shout your presence.
- The modification of this product is going to be a lot easier.
5. MCSADVENTURES DIY Turn Signal Rocker Switch
- The DPDT terminal design makes this one relevant to most carts.
- The kit will fit any cutout with a dimension of .83x1.48 inches.
- The rubberized seal on the switch will show proper resilience to weather.
- This switch requires a 12-volt battery system to run smoothly.
This one from MCSADVENTURE can give you a baffling experience if you don’t know the proper way of installing this gadget. But if you are talking about quality, this one will beat most other turn signal switches at that price range.
The DPDT terminal design makes this one relevant to most carts. Besides, this one will fit any cutout with a dimension of .83x1.48 inches. This gear will show great resilience to weather with the rubberized seal on it. You need to install this one with any 12-volt battery system.
Moreover, the kit includes two different LED indicators that will control itself independently. This one will work smoothly with a 20-amp current rating.
- This one includes two different LED indicators that will control itself automatically.
- The kit will work smoothly with a 20-amp current rating.
- The kit is available for under 20 dollars, making it enough budget-friendly.
6. RecPro EZGO TXT Golf CART set
- The kit is compatible with EZGO TXT model golf carts from1996 to 2013.
- You will get a total number of seven gears with this item, including headlights, taillights, and turn signal switch.
- The kit works conveniently with a 12-volt battery function.
- All the LED lights are enough bright to give you a smooth driving experience during the night.
This complete light kit from RecPro is going to be the perfect suit for EZGO TXT models from 1996 to 2013. The kit includes seven gears, including headlights, taillights, and a turn signal switch. You will need a 12-Volt battery system to make a convenient connection. If you are missing a 12-Volt battery system, you may need to install a voltage reducer.
Both the head and tail lights are enough bright to give you a clearer view of the street. The kit comes with the necessary wiring harness to allow you to complete an easier installation. Besides, the instruction guide that comes with the kit will be handy to complete a hassle-free installation.
On the other hand, the horn is enough loud to let people know about your existence on the road. If you are looking for a complete lighting kit to install on your EZGO TXT model, this one will beat any other item.
- You will face no trouble with the installation because this one comes with all the necessary wiring harness and instruction guide.
- The horn that you will get with this kit is loud enough to let people know about your existence.
- This is going to be a complete lighting solution for your cart.
7. JDMSPEED New Chrome 12V Universal Street Hot Rod Turn Signal Switch
- This turn signal switch is compatible with all 12-volt battery functions.
- The chrome-plated finishing will ensure durability and longevity.
- This one comes with two pin flashers and seven different wire patterns.
- You will enjoy a convenient installation process with the inclusion of a wiring diagram.
Our final turn signal switch recommendation is from JDMSPEED, and this one is compatible with all 12-volt battery systems. The chrome-plated finishing will ensure durability and longevity. The installation process will not give you a hard time. You just need to clamp the switch onto the steering column to start functioning.
This one comes with two pin flashers and seven different wire patterns. The inclusion of the wiring diagram should allow you to get a convenient installation. The universal design of this device makes this one compatible with most vehicles, including golf carts.
Moreover, you will get an instruction guide to complete the installation. The lightweight and compact design with the perfect dimension should please you to a great extent. If you are looking for a turn signal to install on the old street vehicle, this one should be a great item to install.
- The installation process will be easier with the proper instruction guide.
- The lightweight and compact design with the exact dimension will please you to a great extent.
- This kit will be a solution for old street vehicles.
Why golf cart turn signal is necessary?
If you are using your golf cart only on the course, a turn signal becomes an optional inclusion. But if you are using the cart on the street, you can’t avoid a turn signal. Here are the top five reasons why a turn signal is necessary-
- A golf cart turn signal notifies other drivers about your movement, allowing them to make a safe move as well.
- Changing lanes becomes safer than before.
- The turn signal is an excellent technique to communicate withoutusing any oral words.
- You need to do a little exercise to use the turn signal.
- A turn signal alerts the passerby about your movement so that they can pass the vehicle safely.
How to install a golf cart turn signal?
- Turn signal
- Turn signal relay
- Steering column collars
- The first thing that you need to do to complete the installation is disconnecting the positive and negative terminal of the battery.
- In the next step, you need to mount the turn signal on the steering column. Use the necessary hardware to complete the mounting process.
- Once you are done mounting the turn signal, you need to connect the wiring harness to the exact position to establish a stable connection.
- Once you are done with the setup, double-check if the system is working or not.
How much does a golf cart turn signal cost?
A golf cart turn signal would cost you from 15 dollars to as much as 30$ dollars. If you are thinking about purchasing a golf cart turn signal kit that includes front and tail lights, golf horn kit, turn signal switch, and the like tools, it would cost you around 130$ dollars to as much as 180$ dollars.
Short buying guides
Here are the top five things to consider while purchasing a golf cart turn signal-
while choosing a golf cart turn signal, the first thing to consider is the battery function that the kit requires. If you are using a 36-volt or 48-volt system but the kit demands a 6v - 12-volt golf cart battery system, you may need to think about adding a voltage reducer to ensure a smooth connection.
The turn signal that you are thinking about purchasing needs to be compatible with the vehicle that you have. Double-check your golf cart model and the turn signal model to ensure that both match one another. Choosing the wrong model may demand hardwiring, which is never an ideal choice at all.
A good quality turn signal should always come with the essential wiring harness so that you face no trouble while completing the installation. A proper wiring harness allows you to complete a hassle-free installation. Besides, having a proper wiring harness allows you to make the perfect placement of the turn signal switch.
If you are choosing a turn signal, you need to make sure that the kit produces proper brightness so that people around you can easily find out the direction that you are aiming to move. A proper golf card LED light indicator makes it enough safe both for you and the drivers around you to avoid any collisions.
Installing a turn signal can be intimidating if you don't know the procedure of installation. It always helps when the kit comes with an instruction guide. If you are completing the installation with the help of a professional, you are out of danger. But if you are thinking about DIY installation, an instruction guide always comes in handy.
A golf cart turn signal is one of the most essential tools that keep you safe while driving. From changing lanes to giving signals to passersby, a turn signal kit always comes in handy. If you love to go out on the street with your golf cart so often, you should never underestimate the necessity of a turn signal. Besides, you must install a turn signal to make your cart street legal.