If you are having a problem controlling your golf cart on the bumpy roads or not having a comfortable driving experience, it’s time to change the steering wheels. A quality steering wheel is always needed to be installed in your golf cart for having a sweet and comfortable driving experience with better control.
This Best Golf Cart steering wheels review contains the top seven steering wheels, which you might love to use in your golf carts. I have kept RHOX Aviator 5 Golf Cart Steering Wheel on the top. You should look out for the diameter and compatibility of the wheel before purchasing. You will find the other considerable factors below in the article.
Let’s make a table and let you have a primary choice.
Best golf cart steering wheel
RHOX Aviator 5 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
It is made of carbon fiber
MOSNAI Golf Cart Steering Wheel
It comes with brushed aluminum surface spokes.
World 9.99 Mall Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Made of top quality chrome and aluminum
For older Yamaha and Rhino models
Fits Yamaha Golf Cart & Polaris Rhino Blue Steering Wheel
It comes with PVC leather with carbon vinyl wrap on the surface
RHOX Aviator 4 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Compatible with EZ Go, club car and Yamaha golf carts
Huskey Golf Cart Steering Wheel
It comes with an innovative carbon fiber pattern.
For older club car DS models
14" Pursuit Performance Steering Wheel
Black vinyl and carbon fiber hydrographic grip
1. RHOX Aviator 5 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Weight: 2 pounds
You can make your ride towards the golf course comfortable by installing this custom steering wheel on your golf cart from RHOX. The steering wheel is 13 inches in diameter, which will fit comfortably in any adult's hands. However, the manufacturer has ensured the universal fit of this golf cart steering wheel. They have used carbon fiber to construct the wheel, which ensures durability and a comfortable grip even in the long run.
It comes to you with a carbon fiber grip with black spokes, which provides you a premium feel of course. You can install the steering wheel on EZ GO, club car and Yamaha golf carts. But you need an adapter to install this on these carts and also you have to buy the adapter separately as it is not sold with the steering wheel. Here, you will also find a horn button that is provided only for aesthetic purposes.
- The steering wheel is 13 inches in diameter.
- It is made of carbon fiber.
- It comes with a carbon fiber grip and black spokes.
- There is a horn button for aesthetic purposes.
2. MOSNAI Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Put your hands on this steering wheel from MOSNAI and have a great premium feel as it comes with a nice ergonomic design. The manufacturer has made this steering wheel keeping in mind universal usage and kept the diameter of the wheel 12.5 inches. It will conveniently fit EZ GO golf carts, club cars and Yamaha golf carts with steering column adapter, but you have to buy the adapter as additional equipment.
It comes with black brushed aluminum surface spokes, which will provide you a nice, cool racing style feel. To provide the users a premium, excellent grip feeling, the manufacturer has used premium PVC materials to construct the steering wheel. However, you won’t get any horn built-in there. The installation process of this wheel is also very simple as you only need a custom wheel adapter with the steering wheel to install it on any carts it is compatible with.
- 12.5 inches diameter steering wheel
- It comes with brushed aluminum surface spokes
- Premium PVC materials used
- Easy to install with custom steering wheel adapter.
3. Fits Yamaha Golf Cart & Polaris Rhino Blue Steering Wheel:
Brand: New World Motoring
If you are in search of a steering wheel for your old model Yamaha golf cart, you can choose this steering wheel from New World Motoring without hesitating. The steering wheel is slightly larger in diameter than other universal fitting steering wheels as it comes with a diameter of 13.8 inches approximately. It comes with a chrome adapter with three spokes. It is 3.5 mm deep and it comes with a 6 bolt pattern construction.
As a user, you are going to get a perfect and comfortable feel while handling the cart with this steering wheel as it comes with PVC leather with carbon vinyl wrap on the surface. The steering wheel will fit up to 2011 Yamaha golf cart models and Rhinos conveniently. Unlike the most other steering wheels found in the market nowadays, it comes with a chrome adapter to make the installation process a lot easier.
- The steering wheel is 13.8 inches in diameter, approximately
- It comes with PVC leather with carbon vinyl wrap on the surface
- 3 mm deep and has 6 bolt pattern construction
- It has a chrome adapter with three spokes.
4. World 9.99 Mall Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Brand: World 9.99 Mall
Weight: 2.7 pounds
World 9.99 Mall has brought this golf cart steering wheel with a unique design to provide its users a nice and cool appearance while they are riding. It comes with a diameter of 13 inches, which is great for universal fitting. The steering wheel will easily fit on to EZ Go golf carts, Yamaha golf carts and club cars. To install it, you need to buy an adapter also, because it is not included with the steering wheel.
The steering wheel comes in brown color, which is of course a bit different from the conventional black steering wheels. The manufacturer has used top quality chrome and aluminum to construct the body of the wheel. Besides, it comes with a wooden finish and carbon fiber that provides the users a unique premium feel. And like most other steering wheels, the installation process of this one is also similar and easy.
- Universal fit with 13 inches in diameter
- Made of top quality chrome and aluminum
- It has a wooden finish and carbon fiber design.
- It is easy to install.
5. RHOX Aviator 4 Golf Cart Steering Wheel
Weight: 3.3 pounds
Easily install this steering wheel from RHOX on your EZ GO golf cart, club car, or Yamaha golf cart with a custom adapter. The steering wheel is 13 inches in diameter, which will fit comfortably in any adult's hands. However, the manufacturer has ensured the universal fit of this golf cart steering wheel. They have used aluminum to construct the wheel, which ensures durability and a comfortable grip even in the long run.
It comes with a yellow grip and brushed aluminum spokes, which provide you a premium feel of course. You can install the steering wheel on the compatible carts and make your ride comfortable. But you need an adapter to install this on these carts and also you have to buy the adapter separately as it is not sold with the steering wheel. Here, you will also find a horn button that is provided only for aesthetic purposes.
- Universal fit with 13 inches diameter steering wheel
- Compatible with EZ Go, club car and Yamaha golf carts
- Comes with a yellow grip with brushed aluminum spokes
- Easily install by buying an adapter.
6. Huskey Golf Cart Steering Wheel
You will find an innovative carbon fiber pattern on this steering wheel from Huskey, which will allow coming out of using the conventional wheels on your golf carts. Like most other steering wheels used for golf carts, it also comes with a diameter of 13 inches and provides a universal fit. You have to buy an adapter depending on the specific cart model and then install it.
The steering wheel is compatible with EZ GO golf carts, Yamaha golf carts and club cars. You will find a classic SS logo in the center of the wheel. Besides, it comes with a polyurethane grip with an extra urethane coating that is used to provide heat-resistant and better durability. The manufacturer has added an instruction with a wheel that makes the installation process a lot easier.
- It comes with an innovative carbon fiber pattern
- 13 inches in diameter
- Classic SS logo in the center
- Polyurethane grip with extra urethane coating.
7. 14" Pursuit Performance Steering Wheel:
Brand: Forever Sharp
Weight: 4 pounds
Forever Sharp has manufactured this steering wheel, which is compatible with club car DS models. The steering wheel is larger in diameter than most other steering wheels as it comes with a diameter of 14 inches. Although it comes with a larger diameter, it is made for universal fit according to the manufacturer. They have used vinyl, aluminum and carbon fiber to construct the wheel.
The wheel comes to you by featuring black vinyl and carbon fiber hydro-graphic grip. Moreover, it comes with brushed aluminum spokes and the dish depth is 1-3/8 inches. The steering wheel comes with a built-in horn, which is included here only for aesthetic purposes. You don’t need to spend extra dollars for buying an additional adapter as the wheel is equipped with one.
- It is compatible with club car DS models
- 14 inches in diameter
- Black vinyl and carbon fiber hydrographic grip
- It has brushed aluminum spokes and a built-in horn.
Golf cart steering wheel size
The size of the steering wheel is defined by the diameter of the wheel and it ranges from 12 inches to 14 inches typically. Depending on the variation in diameter of the wheel, I have made three categories.
- Smaller wheels: Steering wheels in this category are less than 13 inches in diameter and most commonly these come with 12.5 inches in diameter.
- Universal fit wheels: 13 inches steering wheels are the most commonly used wheels and they fit universally to any user.
- Larger wheels: Larger wheels are specially made for older cart models and they measure around 14 inches in diameter.
Things you need to consider before buying
For a nicer feel when you are driving your golf cart, you need the best steering wheel in your grip. And you can’t choose the right one if you don’t know what things exactly you need to consider before buying.
The diameter of the wheel
The first thing you should look at in the steering wheel that you are supposed to buy is the diameter of the wheel. Most commonly used wheels come with a diameter of 13 inches and it is excellent for universal fit. However, some steering wheels are also available in the market with a larger and smaller diameter than 13 inches. All in all, buying a steering wheel with a universal fit will be the wiser thing I suppose. s
Most of the steering wheels found in the market are compatible with EZ Go, Yamaha golf carts and club cars as well. Meanwhile, some wheels are made for older models of carts like Yamaha, rhinos, or club cars. The last choice is yours, because if the upgraded steering wheels might not be compatible with the older models. So if you own an older model golf cart, you have to choose that one, which is compatible with your cart's model.
Vinyl, carbon fiber, PVC leather, urethane and polyurethane are the most common materials used to construct the grip of the steering wheel. You have to hold the steering wheel while driving, so you need a comfortable feel of course. These materials are going to provide you a nice premium and comfortable feel. The materials used to make the grip also affects the durability of the wheel.
This is not a must needed feature in the steering wheel, but if you are among those who want to drive the cart by having some aesthetic feel, you can look for this feature. But keep in mind that, not every steering wheel comes with this feature.
Ease of installation
Almost every steering wheel comes with a universal fit and you might want to have an adaptor included with the wheel. The adapter makes the wheel compatible with any kind of golf cart and makes the installation process a lot easier than before.
How to adjust the steering wheel on a golf cart
If your steering wheel is not adjusted well on the golf cart, you are supposed to have an uncomfortable driving experience. This unadjusted condition will force your golf cart this way or that more than average. You can adjust your steering wheel following these few steps.
- First, if there is any cover attached to the middle of the cart, remove it.
- Then use a wrench to loosen the center bolt and remove it.
- After removing the center bolt, tilt the wheel and remove it from the steering column.
- Now, put the steering wheel again into the steering column and adjust the position by keeping the wheel straight enough.
- Again, put the center bolt and tighten it with the wrench and that’s it.
There are not many things you need to have for installing steering wheels in your golf cart.
- Adapter: Except for the steering wheel, the first and most important thing you need to have is the adaptor. The adaptor will make the steering wheel compatible with any golf cart and make the installation process easier.
- Nuts & bolts: You need several small-sized nuts to attach the adaptor with the steering wheels and a large center nut for attaching the wheel with the steering column.
- Wrench: For tightening or loosening the nuts and bolts you need a wrench.
Golf cart steering wheel materials
Different steering wheels of golf carts are made of different materials like aluminum, steel, thermoplastic, or PVC materials. These are the most common type of materials used, but whatever the material is, you need to check out the durability of the wheel for a comfortable and long-lasting performance. Meanwhile, the cover of the wheel comes with vinyl, carbon fiber, PVC leather, urethane, polyurethane, or wooden finish.
Choose the steering wheels depending on your cart's model. If you are not having an older model of a golf cart, then go for a steering wheel that measures 13 inches in diameter. Hope that you will have a nice and comfortable drive towards the golf course with a new steering wheel.