A golf cart roof is not only beneficial for storing or keeping your gears but also a tool that can keep you and your passengers safe from the burning sun. Besides, it gives your cart a stylish appearance that is hard to ignore.
Price, compatibility, stability, design, and space are some of the essential features that most people look at while purchasing the best golf cart roof and racks. Thus, it becomes difficult for most buyers to ensure all these features in a single item.
We are here to give you freedom by taking your chores as our own. After speculating the market and the consumers, we have made this list of the seven best golf cart roof and racks that ought to be an excellent addition to your golf cart.
What else? Let us dive directly into the product discussion-
Best golf cart roof
1. 3G 80" Universal Black Golf Cart Roof
If you have a four-seater golf cart, this excellent golf cart roof from 3G can be a worthy item to install on your golf cart. This one is around 80 inches in length, making it quite perfect for almost all types of golf carts. Now, if we talk about the technical parts, then this one uses thermoplastics, making the roof stable and sturdy.
On top of that, the scratch-resistant finishing of the roof will make sure that your cart’s roof is always clean and clear. The Universal Design of the roof makes this one compatible with almost all types of four-seater golf carts. Finally, the inclusion of the Kwick-track rails and pre-drilled holes will make sure that the installation process is always easy and safe.
- The length of the roof is around 80 inches.
- The thermoplastic construction of this roof makes this one quite stable and sturdy.
- The scratch-resistant finishing will always keep the roof safe.
- The universal design makes this one compatible with all types of four-seater golf carts.
- This item includes Kwick-track rails and pre-drilled holes to enjoy a convenient installation.
2. RHOX Roof Rack Storage System, E-Z-Go
Carrying your gears with you demands space that a golf cart hardly has. If you are feeling the dire necessity of some extra space, this roof rack storage system from RHOX should be an excellent item to pick up. This roof storage system is compatible with any Z-GO TXT models golf carts from 94 to 13. The storage rack has durable stainless-steel material, which is sturdy and durable enough to withstand a massive weight.
On top of that, the black powder-coated finishing gives this one a sleek look that does not make your cart look dull and clumsy. You will get all the necessary mounting hardware and tools to complete the easiest installation process. Relief yourself from the extra burden of load by making some room on the roof of your cart.
- This roof rack is compatible with any EZ-GO txt models from 1994 to 2013.
- This one uses durable stainless-steel material, making the roof stable and sturdy.
- The black powder-coated finishing does not make your cart’s roof dull and clumsy.
- This one comes with all the necessary mounting hardware so that you face no trouble while installing the roof rack.
3. Performance Plus Carts 54" Top -
Textured Black - for EZGO TXT
This spacious roof from Performance Plus Carts is ready to provide you with extreme performance. This roof's length is around 54 inches, which is large enough to create enough room and protection. The roof's UV-resistant material will ensure that the color of the roof does not deteriorate with time. Besides, you will get excellent protection from sun damage.
This quality roof is compatible with any EZ-GO TXT golf cart models from 1994 and up. The roof's quality thermoplastic material will ensure that the roof's condition does not deteriorate as time passes by. One of the drawbacks of this product is that you may not get all the necessary hardware to complete the installation. By the way, you can always complete the installation by purchasing all the hardware from the market. Keep you and your cart safe by installing this high-performing golf cart roof from Performance Plus Carts.
Brand: Performance Plus Carts.
- This roof is large enough to keep you safe at 54 inches in length.
- The UV-resistant material will keep both you and the roof from sun damage.
- This one is compatible with any EZ-GO txt models from 1994 and up.
- This one is enough sturdy and durable with the thermoplastic material.
- This package may not include any hardware to complete the installation. You need to purchase the hardware separately to complete the installation.
4. Performance Plus Carts OEM Style Roof Yamaha
All the Yamaha golf cart users maybe are a little angry, thinking that we are not suggesting any items for them. Well, this OEM roof from Performance Plus Carts is here to be the item for your Yamaha golf cart. This roof is compatible with any Yamaha G29 and Drive2 model golf carts.
If you are asking whether the item is durable or not, then the high-quality plastic material should not disappoint you with its extreme quality. This OEM-style roof will cover a large part of your vehicle with 70 inches of top length. This one will ensure that both you and the passengers inside the cart are safe and sound. On top of that, the molded black finishing of the roof gives this one quite a versatile look that is hard to ignore.
Brand: Performance Plus Carts.
- This roof is compatible with any Yamaha G29 and drive2 model golf carts.
- The high-quality molded plastic material of the roof will ensure that this one lasts for a long time.
- The 70 inches of top length of the roof will keep you and your passengers safe from the burning sun.
- The molded black finishing of the roof makes this one quite a versatile item.
5. HECASA Front Roof Top Strut Support Brackets Compatible for EZ-GO
The roof of the golf cart may not come with a strut all the time. You may need to purchase a strut to complete the installation. If you are an EZ-GO user and are looking for a golf cart rooftop strut support, this one from HECASA should be the most durable and sturdy item on the market. These strut support brackets are compatible with any EZ-GO TXT and medalist model golf carts from 1994 to 2013.
This particular package includes two strut supports and one cross member to enjoy the comfort of installation. The heavy-duty construction with the sturdy steel material will ensure that this one does not damage with any amount of force you give on it. On top of that, the perfect finishing of the strut will keep this one protected from gathering rust and corrosion. If you are looking for a replacement for the rusted or missing strut support, this one would provide you with the experience for any EZ-GO golf carts.
- These strut support brackets are compatible with any EZ-GO TXT and medalist model golf carts from 1994 to 2013.
- With this item’s purchase, you will get two strut supports and one cross member to enjoy the comfort of installation.
- The heavy-duty construction with the sturdy steel material will ensure that this one lasts for a long time.
- This strut support will hardly gather any rust and corrosion with the perfect finishing.
- This one can be an excellent replacement for the rusted or missing strut.
6. Performance Plus Carts Golf Cart Roof Rack EZ-GO
You maybe are wondering why this recommendation list is full of Performance Plus Carts products. It is so because Performance Plus Carts is producing good quality items for a long time. According to the consumers' satisfaction report, they are one of the best golf cart equipment manufacturers in the golfing industry. Our next recommendation for a golf cart roof rack is thus also from Performance Plus.
The 52 inches of length with an innovative design makes this roof rack an excellent item to have some further space outside of your cart. This one comes with customized brackets, making the installation process lot easier. The heavy-duty construction with the stainless steel material provokes this one to remain the same even after 10 years of usage. On top of that, the black powder-coated finishing will be handy to keep this one safe from gathering rust and corrosion. By the way, this one is compatible with any EZ-GO RXV model golf carts.
Brand: Performance Plus Carts.
- The innovative design with 52 inches of length creates enough space to carry your gears.
- The inclusion of the customized brackets will make the installation process lot easier.
- The heavy-duty stainless steel construction of the roof rack will keep the material the same even after 10 years of usage.
- The black powder-coated finishing will make sure that this one does not gather any rust and corrosion.
- This particular roof rack is compatible with any EZ-GO RXV model carts.
7. 3G Universal Rear Strut Supports/Candy Canes
In our last recommendation, we are back with another strut support, and this time, it is from 3G. We don't want to keep any scope for complaints, and thus, this one is universal strut support that should be compatible with most of the popular model golf carts. This one is designed for all extended model golf carts that have 80 inches of roof length.
This one does not come with any drill on it, meaning you have to do the drilling according to the exact position while completing the installation. These struts are enough durable and long-lasting with quality stainless-steel material. One of the drawbacks of these struts is that they will not fit any canopy-style carts. This package may not include hardware to complete the installation. You need to purchase the hardware to complete the installation.
- This one is universal strut support for any golf carts.
- This one is compatible with any extended golf carts that have a rooftop length of 80 inches.
- These struts do not come with any drilled on them, allowing you to do the drilling according to the needs.
- The high-quality stainless-steel material makes these struts durable and long-lasting.
- These struts will not fit any canopy-style golf carts.
How to install a golf cart roof?
You don’t need to have enough professionalism to install a golf cart roof. With little patience and knowledge, you can do the procedures by yourself. If you are thinking about installing a golf cart roof on your own, these are the tools you will require-
- Standard wrench set.
- You may require an extra person as a helping hand.
- Struts (if necessary).
1. The first thing you need to do is installing all the struts or support. Well, in some cases, it may not be necessary if your cart has pre-installed struts or support.
2. The next step is placing the roof on the supports. You may need to make some customization to set the roof on the supports. Make sure you have a helping hand to help you to set the roof one the exact position. A golf cart roof may not be that heavy, but doing it alone can be tough to set it in the right position.
3. Once you are done with the roof set up, its time to install the roof rack.
4. Put all the screws in the right position and screw them tight by using the right screwdriver.
5. Depending on the types of golf cart roof and roof rack you have, you may need to do some drilling to ensure exact fitting.
6. That is it. It does not require to have any professional dexterity. By the way, if you are hesitating too much, it would be better to complete the process with the help of some professional.
Short buying guides
Here are the top five things to consider while purchasing a new golf cart roof and rack-
The first thing on this list is the size of the roof. You should not pick a size that is too large, neither a size that is too small. If you have a four-seater golf cart, choosing around 50-60 inches should be ideal. On the other hand, if you have an extended golf cart, choosing around 70-80 inches of the roof should be ideal.
The next thing that you need to ensure while purchasing a golf cart roof is whether the roof is going to be compatible with your cart or not. Most of the golf cart roof specifies the model of the carts that the roof is going to fit perfect. Make sure you are looking at the compatibility of the roof. Some roofs are added attached equipment so you can easilly add golf cart light bar and golf cart radio and golf cart speaker.
Choosing a roof or roof rack without looking at the material can never be an ideal choice at all. Most of the golf cart roof tends to come with a thermoplastic construction, which is good when you consider the durability and quality. On the other hand, a roof rack should always come with sturdy stainless-steel material.
A golf cart roof and roof rack may or may not come with struts or support. If your cart does not have any supports, it would be an ideal choice to purchase supports to enjoy a convenient installation process.
The average price range of a golf cart roof and roof rack will fall between 200 dollars to as much as 500 dollars. On the other hand, if you are thinking about purchasing supports or struts, it would cost you around 50 dollars to 100 dollars. The only way to get a quality golf cart roof is to ensure the quality rather than the price.
Golf cart roof and roof racks are an essential tool to get protection from the sun or getting extra storage space respectively. If you are thinking about installing one on your golf cart, this article should provide you with exact insights to get the good item from the market. If you are baffled by thousands of golf cart roof and roof racks on the market, our recommendation list should be an excellent guideline to get the item from the market.