As golf carts are becoming more street-legal, people are getting more prone to installing a new horn kit to their golf cart. Whether you have a 48v or 36v gas or electric golf cart, you can think about installing a new horn-kit to your cart.
In case you are thinking about installing a new horn kit to your cart but are dubious about what you should be choosing, then here we have brought for you the seven best golf cart horns that would make your experience great both on and off the course.
This Madjax 02-019 Universal Golf Cart Horn Kit will remain as our top pick on the list among all of the items.
Here is the shortlist of all the horn kits that we have gathered here, depending on their categories-
Best golf cart horn
1. Madjax 02-019 Universal Golf Cart Horn Kit
In case you are thinking about making your golf cart street legal and are looking for a universal horn kit that would make your journey safe and secure, then choosing this one from Madjax might be an ideal choice. This one is compatible with any 12-volt application, allowing you to install it on any available modern-day carts. With the adjustable volume control feature, this one will not disappoint you even the little when it is about quality sound production. Finally, the highly durable and long-lasting construction of the horn should make you content to a great extent.
- Brand : Madjax.
- This one is compatible with any 12-volt system.
- You will be able to install it on any modern-day golf carts.
- You will be able to adjust the volume level of the horn.
- This horn kit is highly durable and long-lasting to make you content.
2. Golf Carts Universe 12v Golf Cart Horn Kit Button Wire harness
If it is a loud horn that you are searching for, choosing this one from Golf Carts Universe can bring forth great results. This Horn Kit is also mountable with any 12-volt function, making the horn kit compatible with all types of carts, including EZ-GO, Club Car, and Yamaha. In case you have a 36/48-Volt cart, you also can think about installing this one with the help of a voltage reducer. This item includes all the necessary tools for completing a hassle-free installation, including horn, horn button, and wire harness. Finally, the button of the horn is floor mountable, allowing you to press the button any time you want.
- Brand : Golf Carts Universe.
- This horn kit is mountable with any 12-volt function.
- You need a voltage reducer to install it on a 36/48 volt function.
- The installation process will be hassle-free with all the necessary tools.
- You will be able to mount the button on the floor.
3. 10L0L Golf Cart complete set with horn
If you have EZ-GO TXT golf cart from 1996 to 2013 models, this one should be a complete kit that includes LED head and tail lights, brake lights, horn, and all the necessary harness hardware to choose for your cart. With bright lights, hazard flashes, and louder sound this kit will ensure that you are always free from any safety concern. On the other hand, the durable construction will ensure that the kit provides you a long time service. Finally, with a proper installation guide, installing the kit will create no hassle at all.
- Brand: 10L0L
- This one is compatible with any EZ-GO TXT 1996-2013 models.
- This complete kit is mountable with a 12-volt function.
- To use the kit with a 36/48 volt function, you will need to use a voltage reducer.
- This complete kit includes LED head and tail lights, brake lights, horn, and all the necessary harness hardware.
- The installation guide will provide a hassle-free installation.
4. RHOX Universal Golf Cart Turn Signal Switch with Horn Button
Making your golf cart street legal will be much easier if you have this Turn Signal with an integrated horn button. This one, by the way, is from RHOX. The Universal Design of this kit makes this one compatible with almost all types of carts including EZ-GO, YAMAHA, CLUB CAR, etc. This kit will make your movement tracking much easier with the integrated horn button and flashers. You require no cutting or drilling for installing this one on to your cart; simply clamp this one on to the steering wheel to give it a go. This one is compatible with a 12-volt function, meaning you will be able to mount it with any 36/48/72 volt function by using a voltage reducer.
- Brand: RHOX.
- Making your golf cart street legal will be much easier if you have this kit.
- The Universal Design makes this one suitable for almost all types of golf carts available, including EZ-GO, Club Car, and Yamaha.
- The integrated horn button and flasher will reflect your movement more vibrantly.
- Simply clamp this one on to the steering wheel for an easier installation process.
- This kit is compatible with a 12-volt function, meaning any 36/48/72 volt function can use this kit with the help of a voltage reducer.
5. Wolo (430) Musical Horn
Looking for a musical horn to make your impression more interesting both on and off the course? You can think about choosing this one from Wolo that plays Dixieland. This trumpet includes five trumpets to make the sound more vibrant and loud. With the universal fit design, this one would fit any available present day’s golf carts. As the construction material, this one uses durable plastic, allowing the trumpets to be more resilient and long-lasting. This horn kit is mountable with any 12-volt function, allowing you to install it in any type of cart that you have. Finally, the inclusion of a relay and all the necessary hardware will ensure that you face no hassle while installing.
- Brand: Wolo.
- This complete horn kit comes with five trumpets, allowing you to get a more vibrant and louder sound.
- This kit comes with a universal fit design, making it compatible with all types of available carts.
- This horn kit plays Dixieland music.
- Durable plastic material will last for a long time.
- This one is mountable with any 12-volt function.
- This kit includes all the necessary hardware for an easier installation.
6. Coolrunner Bugle Horn for golf cart
Looking for a heavy-duty golf cart horn to install? This classic vintage metal twist horn from Coolrunner should be another great option for your golf cart. As the material, this one uses heavy-duty stainless steel, which is at the same time durable, non-fading, and weather resistant. This one requires no battery adaptation, keeping you hassle-free from all types of burdens. Simply squeeze the rubber ball to confirm your existence. The installation process, on the other hand, is more than easier. With the help of a screwdriver, just tighten the screws to make the horn ready to go. Finally, the classical retro sound of the horn will make your existence interesting in front of anyone.
- Brand: Coolrunner.
- This one is available in five different color options.
- Durable, non-fading, and weather-resistant stainless steel material will ensure this one lasts for a long time.
- This kit requires no battery adaptation.
- There is nothing about installation. You just need to tighten the screws. That’s it!
- Squeeze the rubber ball for getting the vintage and classic retro sound.
7. HELLA 007424801 Twin Trumpet High/Low Tone 12V Horn Kit
This one from Hella will provide you to get both a high and low tone trumpet to let the people know your existence. This one comes with a universal fit design, making this one suitable for almost all types of available golf carts that you have. For the body, this kit uses galvanized metal, and for the trumpet, this one uses impact-resistant plastic, allowing the horn to be more resilient and long-lasting. This device includes dedicated mobile software, allowing you to get the acoustic comparison of different parameters. Finally, this horn kit will ensure that the installation process is more than easier with all the necessary hardware and instruction guides.
- Brand: Hella.
- This horn kit includes one high-frequency and one low-frequency horn, allowing you to use both the horn in different situations.
- The universal fit design will ensure that this one fits in any type of vehicle, including golf carts.
- The hella mobile apps will compare different acoustic parameters.
- This kit provides an instruction guide and all the necessary hardware for easier installation.
How to install a horn on a golf cart?
Not every horn kit has the same pattern of installation. Depending on the types of horn you are installing, you need to find out the method. But, installing a universal horn kit should be the same for all types of carts. This is the rough method that you can try if you don’t know how you should be installing a horn onto your golf cart-
- Wiring harness.
- Mounting tabs.
- Horn button plate.
- Horn button, and
- The horn.
- Drill bit
- First of all, you need to engage the parking brake and switch the key to the off position.
- Use the drill bit to drill through the flat panel for a horn button.
- From the harness wire, attach the two small terminals to the tip. It does not matter which one goes first.
- Now take two female spade connectors and attach them to the male spade connector to thebackside of the horn.
- This time, you need to attach the horn to the cart. Use a self-tapping screw to attach the horn to the plate of the cart.
- In the next step, you need to attach the horn button to the cart. To do so, loosen the screw of the horn button and attach the horn plate to the cart. And finally, attach the horn cap.
- The final task is attaching the wire to the cart battery compartment. Make sure you are connecting all the negative parts of the wire with all the positive parts.
This is the rough method to install a horn to the cart. For a proper installation process, make sure you look at the instruction guide provided with the purchase.
12volt/48volt/36-volt golf cart horn
Golf cart horns usually come with a 12-volt mountable function. That means if you have a 36-volt or 48-volt connection, you need to use a voltage reducer to make the horn compatible with your golf cart.
Short buying guides
A golf cart horn can be found in multiple sound varieties. While choosing a golf cart horn, it is up to you whether you will go for a louder horn or a moderate sound horn will do the task for you. Choosing a horn that has a rough sound can make your impression clumsy among people. That is why it is essential that you are making the right sound choice while choosing your golf cart horn.
Another thing you need to ensure while confirming the purchase is the voltage capacity of the horn. If you purchase a horn that is not compatible with the voltage production of your cart, probably you have to suffer in the long run. In case you are thinking about choosing a horn that is not compatible with the cart you have, make sure you have a voltage reducer to make the horn compatible with your cart.
Looking at the material of the horn is another most important aspect that you should not miss looking at. Make sure that the horn you are aiming to purchase has a durable material so that you don’t have to fear about the deterioration of the quality. if you are choosing a plastic material, make sure the plastic has impact-resistant elements. On the other hand, if you are choosing a stainless steel horn, make sure that the horn is weather resistant and the color of the horn does not fade away after certain days of use.
All the included hardware is more than necessary for a proper installation process. If you miss even a single piece of hardware to bring, the whole product may not have any value at all. Make sure you have looked at all the necessary hardware before confirming the purchase.
The final thing that you need to look at is the installation process of the horn. Make sure you have enough knowledge regarding the installation process. Most of the horns tend to come with a proper installation guide. Make sure you look at the installation guide before starting the installation process. If you are completely unaware of the installation process, consider doing the installation with the help of a professional.
Nowadays many cart owner loves to take their cart on the street. That is why making the cart street legal has become an essential aspect to consider. To make your cart street legal, a golf cart horn is a must-have item. if you still missing a horn in your cart, maybe it’s time to think about installing one.