If you are among those, who want to carry some passengers on the rear seat of your golf cart, you need to ensure the passengers' safety first. And for this, one needs to install a grab bar on the golf cart, and the Best golf cart grab bars review contains the most popular grab bars available in the market.
The grab bars are typically made of steel and the powder-coat finish gives these bars a nice look and also makes them long-lasting. Such one grab bar is Madjax Universal Golf Cart Grab Bar, which is on the top of the list.
You need to choose the right grab bar to ensure the passengers' safety on your golf cart, which is the right platform for choosing.
Why golf cart grab bars are needed
The main purpose of using grab bars on golf carts is to ensure the safety of the passengers sitting on the rear seat.
- Easy to ride on and off the cart: It may not be easy for many passengers to ride on and off the cart instantly without holding anything. So you can make the riding easier for them by installing a grab bar on the footsteps in front of the rear seat.
- Holding it during a speedy ride: When the cart is going through a speedy ride, passengers can make themselves safely and securely stay in there by holding the grab bars.
- Carry some gears: The grab bars also let the rider carry some golfing gears in a carrying bag also.
Best golf cart grab bar
1. Madjax Universal Golf Cart Grab Bar
Weight: 3 pounds
Provide better stability to your passengers on the golf cart by installing this grab bar from Madjax. The bar is constructed with steel material, and it has a nice black powder-coated finish. The steel construction makes it durable and long-lasting. And the powder-coated finish makes it appropriate for use in all weather conditions. The grab bar comes with a universal fitting feature.
The user can install it on any Madjax rear seat as well as on any rear seat that has a metal step. It works conveniently with or without a universal hitch. Moreover, the installation process is pretty easy for this. It only requires mounting hardware and tools for the installation. So any amateur user can also install this grab bar on the golf cart and ensure his passenger’s safety.
- The grab bar is constructed with steel.
- It has a powder-coated finish on
- It works with or without a hitch.
- It is easy to install with mounting hardware.
2. Smart parts Golf Cart Rear Seat Safety Grab Bar fit EZGO, Club Car, Yamaha
Brand: Smart parts
Weight: 6.4 pounds
This safety grab bar from Smart parts protects the rear seats from unwanted bumps and also ensures the stability of the passengers. The bar is constructed with a single-piece steel bar, which works better than most other multi-piece bars. The manufacturer has nicely welded the construction and also used a black powder-coated finish. This construction makes the bar durable and all-weather usable.
It comes with a beveled design, which provides a comfortable grip to the passengers while going on the cart or grabbing the bar while sitting. The manufacturer has used a 3M engineer-grade reflective strip on the bar to make the bar visible even in low light. They used the same materials, which are used in the non-critical traffic control sign reflectors. The bar fits universally to EZGO, Yamaha, or club cars conveniently on the rear seat kit platforms.
- The bar is constructed with a single-piece steel bar.
- It is nicely welded and has a black powder-coated finish on
- There is a 3M engineer grade reflective strip.
- It comes with a beveled design.
3. Performance Plus Carts Universal Golf Cart Grab Bar
Brand: Performance Plus Carts
Weight: 7.5 pounds
You can install this universal golf cart grab bar from Performance Plus Carts on your golf cart without drilling or using any additional hardware. However, some golf carts may require some drilling and additional bolts, even though it is universal. The bar is constructed with durable steel for long-lasting performance. Then, the glossy powder-coated finish gives it a nice look and also makes it weather-resistant to a great extent.
The grab bar comes with all required bolts and hardware that ensures that you will have a hassle-free installation. It works conveniently with or without a universal hitch. If the rear seat of your cart has built-in footsteps, that’s all you need to ensure compatibility. After installing it, the passengers will have extended stability while boarding on the cart.
- It fits most golf carts without drilling or any additional hardware
- It is constructed with high-quality and durable steel.
- It comes with a glossy look for the powder-coated finish.
- It works with or without a universal hitch.
4. MODZ Flip4 Golf Cart Rear Seat Grab Bar
Weight: 10 pounds
Now your passenger can comfortably grab this safety bar from MODZ while getting on and off the golf cart. It provides better safety to the passengers. The grab bar is made of high-quality steel. Moreover, it has a nice matte black powder-coated finish that makes the bar rust and corrosion-resistant. It is a 30 inches long grab bar.
The bar is compatible with any MODZ flip4 rear seat kits. So if you have one, you can easily install this on the cart to ensure the safety of the passengers. Moreover, the matte black finish matches newer Flip4 rear kits and many modern OEM roof struts. The installation process of this grab bar is quite easy as it includes all the necessary hardware and mounting brackets required for the installation.
- The grab is made of high-quality steel.
- It is a corrosion and rust-resistant bar with a matte black powder-coated finish.
- Compatible with any MODZ flip4 rear seat kits
- It includes mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.
5. 10L0L Golf Cart Rear Safety Grab Bar Fits Club Car, Yamaha, EZGO
Weight: 8.9 pounds
Make your passenger feel more safe and secure while sitting in the back seat of the golf cart by installing this safety grab bar from 10L0L. The manufacturer has ensured the quality of the product as they have used tougher, stronger, and thicker steel pipes to construct the bar. They also used high-quality welding to construct it. The smooth black powder-coated finish makes it rust and corrosion-resistant.
The bar is 34.25 inches long and 7.87 inches wide. Before installing, the user needs to match up these two dimensions with the golf cart for checking the compatibility. The safety grab car comes with universal fitting for rear seat kits on EZGO golf carts, Yamaha golf carts, and club cars. It comes with all the required mounting hardware that provides easy installation.
- It is a strong and tough bar with thicker steel pipe construction.
- It is rust and corrosion resistant with a black powder-coated finish.
- It provides a universal fitting.
- Easy to install with all mounting hardware included.
6. 7BLACKSMITHS Rear Seat Safety Grab Bar
Weight: 7.5 pounds
If your EZGO, Yamaha, or club car has a metal footplate, you can install this safety grab bar from 7BLACKSMITHS without any further hesitation. It provides the rider an added stability and safety while riding on and off the cart. The bar is constructed with heavy-duty steel and it also has a nice, black matte finish on it. The matte finish makes it rust and corrosion-resistant.
It comes with a secure design of U-shape style, which can easily be mounted underneath the footplate of any compatible golf cart. This golf cart safety grab bar can work well with or without a universal trailer hitch. The installation process of the bar is pretty easy even for amateurs because it comes including all the mounting hardware in the package.
- It comes with a stylish U-shape design for secure installation.
- It is made of heavy-duty steel.
- It has a matte finish on
- It includes all the mounting hardware for easy installation.
7. Golf Cart Rear Grab Bar Universal and Trailer Hitch
Weight: 20.3 pounds
Install this rear grab bar from ECOTRIC to ensure the safety of the passengers. The bar doesn’t come alone this time, as there is a 2 inches receiver trailer hitch included in the set. The bar and the hitch are made of heavy-duty alloy steel, which makes both of these items strong and durable. Moreover, the powder-coated finish ensures the resistance from rust and corrosion of the bar and hitch.
The hitch can work on with or without any safety grab bar. It is compatible with most rear cart steps. As a user, you can easily mount the powder-coated hitch underneath the golf cart seat conveniently. The distance between the bracket front to the rear stays between 10.625 inches to 11 inches. Meanwhile, the distance on the footplate mounting holes from center to center of the holes is 5 inches.
- The grab bar is equipped with a 2 inches receiver hitch.
- It is constructed with heavy-duty alloy steel.
- It has corrosion and rust-resistant powder-coated finish.
- The hitch is compatible with most rear cart steps.
8. GTW Deluxe Safety Grab Bar for Golf Cart Rear Seats
Weight: 6.8 pounds
If you have GTW rear seat on your golf cart, then you can choose this safety grab bar from GTW to make your passengers stay safe sitting on the seat. The bar is constructed with 30 mm steel, which makes the bar quite lightweight. Moreover, it has a black satin finish with UV additive that makes the bar long-lasting and durable.
The grab bar is wider than most other bars found in the market as it measures 17 inches in width. It comes including a quick attach rail system that allows for add-on accessories. You can also use it in conjunction with GTW rear seat trailer hitch. The safety bar comes with all the required mounting hardware, and also it needs no drilling for the setup process.
- It is constructed with 30 mm steel.
- It has a black satin finish with UV additives.
- It includes a quick attach rail system.
- It ensures an easy setup process with all required mounting hardware.
9. AW Golf Cart Rear Seat Safety Grab Bar
Weight: 5.9 pounds
The passengers riding on the back seat will have a more safe and stable ride as the safety grab bar from AW comes with a strong welded construction. It comes to you with heavy-duty metal construction and a black powder-coated finish. With this strong construction, the manufacturer ensured the durability of the bar.
The bar is 30 inches long, which is quite common for grab bars found in the market nowadays. You can install it on EZGO, TXT, Madjax, and Genesis 150 golf carts. The bar comes including a set of screws and an instruction manual, which makes the installation process pretty easier.
- It has a heavy-duty metal construction with strong welding
- The grab has a black powder-coated finish
- 30 inches long bar
- It offers an easy installation process.
Check out the buying guides now
You should always look for a golf cart grab bar, which is constructed with heavy-duty, strong metal. And steel is the first and most liked material for this. The durable steel construction makes the bar strong and tougher to ensure the passenger's safety in rough conditions. Unlike most heavy grab bars, some lightweight grab bars are available in the market that is also made of durable steel.
The powder-coated finish on the steel construction plays a crucial role in making the grab bar resistant to rust and corrosion. There are grab bars designed with a matte powder-coated finish, as well as a glossy powder-coated finish. Choose the one, whichever you like.
Easy to install
Most of the golf cart grab bars come included with easy to install manual and all the required mounting hardware. The one you are choosing must be equipped with the needed screws, bolts, and other installation hardware for easier installation.
Not every bar is going to be compatible with the cart you owe. You need to check out the manufacturer guide for compatibility. However, in most cases, if you have a strong steel footstep on the rear of the cart, you are allowed to attach the bar in that position.
Size of the bar
This is the last factor, but not the least one. The compatibility depends largely on the size of the bar. The most common length of golf cart grab bars is 30 inches, although bars are measuring around 35 inches in the market.
Mounting grab bars on your golf cart
Mounting a grab bar on a golf cart is not a hard and tough process. And it becomes easier if you have the mounting hardware included with the bar.
- To mount the bar, you need screws or nuts, a wrench, and the grab bar, that’s all.
- First, locate the mounting holes on the footplate of the cart and ensure four holes are designed in there.
- Then take the compatible grab bar for mounting and check out four mounting holes in there also. Two holes are situated on the front and the remaining two are on the back.
- Now place the bar on the footplate according to the mounting holes.
- Then put on the screws or nuts one by one in their allotted places.
- Take the wrench and tighten the screws to ensure a secure fitting of the grab bar. That is it.
Golf cart grab bars cost
If you are looking for grab bars for your golf cart, you can buy one spending around $35 to $95. You can find all the required features you are searching for in a golf cart grab bar. However, some deluxe grab bars might cost you more than $100 and go up to $130 as well.
It may be fun for you to ride on the golf cart at speed, but it is never a pleasant condition for the passengers if you don’t have grab bars installed in your golf cart. The items included here are top products and you can easily ensure safety by purchasing one of them.