Bending down again and again while collecting or releasing the golf can be intimidating. Besides, bending too often can create severe back pain injury at an old age. What's the solution then? Well, a golf ball shagger is here to give you relief from the intimidating back pain injury. It also adds dynamicity to your practice session.
There is no perfect age for using a golf ball shagger or retriever. Golf ball retrievers are for those who hate bending while collecting or releasing a golf ball. If you are searching for an optimum golf ball shagger to boost your practice session, these nine best golf ball shaggers should always please you with their service. Pick one from the list and start making progress in the driving range. Let us begin with our top recommendation-
Best golf ball shagger
1. Callaway Pro Caddie Premium Ball Shagger or Feeder
- Brand: Callaway.
- The huge storage option will allow you to store up to 35 golf balls at a time.
- The perfect ball release mechanism will release one ball at a time, creating the most versatile swinging option.
- The durable plastic-made construction makes this one enough lightweight for easy transportation.
- The dual-leg stand with the intact ball tracker makes this one more aesthetic.
This one from Callaway may seem a little expensive, but it is all worth the cost when you compare its specifications. The huge storage option allows this one to hold up to 35 golf balls, creating enough opportunity to make more swings with one-time loading.
Besides, the perfect ball-release mechanism will release one ball at a time to ensure the most versatile swinging option. You will be able to impose more focus on your swing. This one is enough lightweight with durable plastic-made construction. You should not face any trouble while transporting the device.
Pro Caddie seems quite unique and stylish. Anybody with an eccentric choice will love this product. Another reason to go with this item is its dual-leg stand and intact ball tracker. If you want to save your back, Pro Caddy should be the appropriate shagger to get.
- You will get a more focused swing option.
- Pro Caddie is a perfect back savior.
- This one comes with a very unique construction.
2. The Practice Stick Ball Shagger / Retriever by ProActive Sports
- Brand: ProActive Sports.
- This shagger can store up to 23 golf balls at a time.
- The lightweight design will create no issue while carrying it in the practice range.
- You will be able to carry the stick inside your golf bag.
- The durable plastic will keep this safe from scratches and deterioration.
This one from ProActive Sports is our top pick because of its versatility and decent price range. With that price range, this one will ensure a beneficial ball grabbing and releasing mechanism to make your practice session more productive. This tube can store up to 23 balls, creating enough space to practice with a large number of balls at a time.
The lightweight feature of this practice stick will allow you to carry it in the range without facing any trouble. You will be able to carry the stick inside of your golf bag. Besides, the durable plastic will keep this one safe from scratches or deterioration.
On top of that, the apparent design will allow you to see the balls inside the tube. The convenient lever will release the ball with enough dexterity, making it a complete practice kit to be better with your game.
- The versatile lever will release the ball conveniently.
- You will be able to see the ball with the apparent design.
- You will get the stick at a handy price range.
3. Original Shag Bag Practice and Range Golf Ball Shagger Made in the USA
- Brand: Madwell.
- The sturdy bag can hold up to 80 golf balls at a time.
- The steel-made clips can grab golf balls with a single push.
- The solid brass zipper will be handy to keep all the golf balls intact inside the bag.
- This one comes with a proper length and lightweight design to ensure convenient transportation.
Madwell has brought this bag shag to make your practice session more dynamic. The sturdy bag that comes with this shagger can hold up to 80 golf balls at a time, making your driving range a perfect practice ground. Besides, the USA-made design should make this one an appealing product for any patriotic American.
The steel-made clips can grab the ball dexterously with a single push. You will love the sound while grabbing the balls from the ground. The solid brass zipper of the bag will be handy to keep the balls intact. Besides, the steel-made construction should make this one enough durable to give you service for a long time.
Furthermore, the formed grip handle will ensure maximum comfort while collecting the golf balls. The lightweight design and moderate length will ensure convenient transportation. If you are looking for a flawless product to execute moderate ball grabbing, this one will never disappoint you.
- This one will remain flawless while collecting the golf balls.
- The USA-made design should make this one appealing to any patriotic American.
- This shagger will make your practice session more dynamic.
4. Aluminum Shag Tube and Practice Golf Ball Shagger
- Brand: ProActive Sports.
- This one is enough durable to last for a long time with the cast aluminum construction.
- The moderate length will allow this one to carry up to 23 golf balls at a time.
- The 38 inches of length makes this one enough portable to carry inside your golf bag or cart.
- The essential clip on the front will grab golf balls with a single push.
We have got another golf ball shagger and dispenser from ProActive Sports. The durable cast aluminum construction makes this one enough rigid to last for a long time. This one has enough space to store up to 23 golf balls at a time.
This shagger comes with a length of 38 inches, making it enough portable to carry inside your golf bag or in the trunk of your cart. Besides, the lightweight design should not give you any trouble while transporting the device. The perfect clip on the front will drag the ball inside the tube with a single push.
On top of that, the slotted tube will ensure that the device does not gather any dirt while grabbing the golf balls. If you are prone to back injury, this shagger will definitely be a useful tool to remove your back pain. Finally, the optimum price range should always please you with the quality.
- You will get the device at a cheaper price range.
- You can expect longevity from this device.
- You should get relief from your back pain with this tube.
5. Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
- Brand: Nickel Putter.
- The sturdy plastic construction makes this one enough durable to ensure longevity.
- The three-way sturdy clip will ensure smooth ball grabbing.
- You will be able to maneuver this device with the essential grip.
- The 30mm of length with only 20 grams of weight makes this enough portable to carry inside your golf bag or cart.
We have got another budget-friendly shagger in the fifth place, and this time it is from Nickel Putter. The sturdy plastic construction of the device will ensure durability for a long time. The three-way clip will ensure smooth ball grabbing. The ball will go easily inside the clip with a single push.
Besides, the essential grip will make the maneuvering easier than ever before. The 30mm length with only 20 grams of weight makes this one enough portable to carry inside your golf bag. You will also be able to carry this inside the trunk of your golf cart.
Furthermore, this one looks quite similar to a putter shaft when not in use. This makes the extension more preferable for any golf player. Finally, the synthetic material makes this one enough resistance to protect this one from all kinds of scratches or deterioration.
- This one comes with a budget-friendly feature.
- This one can work as a putter shaft when not in use.
- The synthetic material will protect this one from scratches or deterioration.
6. PrideSports Golf Ball Pick-Up
- Brand: PrideSports.
- The grip attachment feature makes this one more dynamic.
- The casing will retrieve one ball at a time, allowing you to focus on a single swing.
- The smaller design with one pound of weight makes this one enough portable to carry.
- This one fits most putter grips except a larger super-stroke grip.
PrideSports has been delivering products of pride for a long time. This exclusive golf ball retriever is another example of their quality. This one is more dynamic with the grip attachment feature. Attach the casing to the club's grip to retrieve the ball with ease. This one specifically targets players with back pain injuries. The casing will allow you to collect balls without bending a little.
The smaller design with only one pound of weight should make this one more portable. You will face no trouble while carrying this particular item on the driving range or course. The sturdy plastic-made construction will ensure longevity.
One of the common features that people talk about this product is whether this one will fit all types of grip or not. This one should fit most grips until you have a larger super-stroke grip. You may require a little drilling to complete the installation.
- You will get this product for under 5$ dollars.
- There is nothing about installation.
- Maintaining this product will be much easier.
7. Callaway Golf Ball Retriever
- Brand: Callaway.
- This retriever is available in three different variations.
- You can choose either 15 feet long or a 6 feet long retriever according to your need.
- The ergonomic design makes this one enough comfortable to pick up the balls.
- You will get ease while retrieving a ball with the stainless-steel mechanism.
Callaway never disappoints with its products. That is why our seventh recommendation is from Callaway. This retriever comes in three different variations. You will be able to choose this one is 15 feet and 6 feet variations. The retractable design allows the handle to protract to reach a long distance.
Besides, the ergonomic design of the handle makes this one enough comfortable to pick up the ball from any distance. The stainless-steel retriever will be handy to retrieve the ball with ease. Furthermore, the high-quality alloyed steel construction makes this one enough durable to prevent bending while collecting balls.
This one also includes a headcover, allowing you to carry the item inside your golf bag. If you are looking for a retriever to reach the hardest places, grab this one from Callaway without any further tension.
- The high-quality alloyed steel construction will ensure durability and longevity.
- The inclusion of the headcover will allow you to carry this one inside your golf bag.
- You will be able to choose the product according to your budget.
8. Orlimar 15-Foot Fluorescent Head Golf Ball Retriever
- Brand: Orlimar.
- This one is a 15-feet long retractable retriever.
- The collapsible design will allow you to carry the stick inside your golf bag.
- The fluorescent head will be enough visible to retrieve the ball from the water.
- The sturdy steel construction will prevent it from bending while fetching a ball from a long distance.
Our last recommendation on this list is from Orlimar. This one is a 15 feet long retractable retriever, allowing you to reach the toughest distance. The collapsible design will enable you to carry the stick inside your golf bag.
Besides, this stick comes with a comfortable grip, making the retrieving process lot easier than ever before. The fluorescent head is enough visible to collect the ball from the water. This one will go a long distance to fetch the ball with ease.
Furthermore, the sturdy steel construction will prevent the device from bending while fully open. Finally, this one comes at a very cheaper price range to ensure productivity and quality. Fetching golf balls from a long distance will be no harder when you have got this item from Orlimar.
9. IGOTCHA Golf Ball Retriever
- Brand: IGOTCHA.
- This particular item is available in three different variations.
- The retriever can reach a maximum distance of 10 feet. It is also collapsible to 15.5 inches.
- The compact design with only 8 ounces of weight makes this one enough portable to carry inside your golf bag.
- The stainless-steel shaft with essential grip will make the retrieving process easier than ever before.
IGOTCHA has brought three different golf ball retrievers for you with different price ranges. This device can reach up to 10 feet long, and it is collapsible to 15.5 inches. The compact design makes this one suitable for carrying inside your golf bag
Besides, the stainless-steel shaft with a proper grip will make the retrieving process easier than ever before. Moreover, the spring-release-ready head of the retriever will allow you to release a ball with ease. The whole body weighs only 8 ounces, creating no problem in retrieving any ball.
Furthermore, the spring trapping technology will be handy to catch any ball within a second. On top of that, the American-made design should always please any patriotic American to grab this product.
- The spring trapping and spring-release technology will make the catching and releasing process easier.
- The American-made design should please anyone with the construction.
- You will get multiple options to choose your product.
How does a golf ball shagger work?
A golf ball shagger will either come with clips or an aerodynamic feature to fetch the ball inside the tube. You need to make a little push to allow the ball to get inside the tube.
On the other hand, the aerodynamic feature will release one ball at a time when pushing the switch on the above side of the switch. The mechanism is quite simple. You don't need to be an engineer to understand the process. A lever just pushes down and up to grab or release the ball.
What does a golf ball picker length?
An appropriate golf ball shagger or picker will have a length of around 25m to as much a 40mm. The decent length for a golf ball retriever should be around 30mm.
It makes the device more portable and enough compact for easier transportation. On the other hand, a golf ball retriever can come with a total length of around 15 to 20 feet. Most golf retriever tends to come with a retractable design, making them enough portable.
How to carry a golf ball shagger in a bag?
If the stick does not come with a huge width, you can carry the tube like a golf club inside your hybrid golf bag. Many people prefer carrying them like a golf club. You can also think about carrying them inside the trunk of your golf cart. It will save space for carrying another club on the bag.
A golf ball shagger or retriever is an excellent tool to retrieve or collect golf balls without bending. It saves your back from further injury. If you don’t choose the product wisely, you may not get the service you expect. Checking some of the things can make the situation better than you expect. Here are the top five things you should check while buying a golf ball shagger or retriever-
A good quality golf ball shagger should have at least 20+ golf ball storage capacity to ensure dynamic practicing.
The compact design allows you to carry the shagger with ease. it makes the transportation process more convenient. Choose a product that is lightweight and enough compact to make the experience great.
Grabbing and releasing method
A convenient grabbing and releasing method can only ensure productivity. Ensure that the device can easily fetch or release golf balls to pace up your practice session.
Length of the device
The shagger should always come with a convenient length so that you face no trouble while transporting the device. The appropriate length should be around 30mm.
The construction material is another thing to look over. Sturdy plastic is always good but durable steel can be better.
Make your practice session more dynamic with a properly chosen golf ball shagger. You can also get relief from the intimidating back pain injury. It protects your back by preventing you from bending again and again. Be safe and secure with a cool golf ball shagger on the course.