Instead of starting with a cliche, let’s start with the top two battery chargers among the seven chargers that we have discussed in the next section of this article. If it is about categorizing, then we would love to keep 36volt 18amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for EZ-go as our top pick for the category of 36-volts, and Lester Link 48 Volt Golf Cart Battery Charger for the category of 48-volt. We have highlighted these two products does not mean the rest of the chargers are not qualified. All the seven items that we have discussed here should be the bests out of the bests.
We highly recommend you to scan through the whole article to decide better whether you should pick from the list or not. Besides, the buying guide section discussed in the latter part of this article should provide you some insights that you can follow while choosing a new battery charger.
Best golf cart battery charger reviews
1. 36volt 18amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for EZ-go
This 36-volt golf cart battery charger from Accusense Charge Series is available in plastic/steel construction to choose from.
The universal IEC input connector should make it compatible with most of the golf carts.
This one has an EZ-GO 2-Pin 'D' Shaped 36V output Connector. That means if you have an EZ-GO cart, then this one should be the exact choice that you can make.
The green/red LED indicator is going to notify you when the battery is fully charged.
Finally, the energy-saving technology with Relay should be enough to provide you the perfect golf cart battery charger that you are looking for.
- 36 volt/18 amp battery charger
- Universal IEC input connector
- EZ-GO 2-Pin 'D' Shaped 36V output Connector.
- Green/red LED indicator
- Energy-saving technology/relay
2. MODZ Max36 15 AMP EZGO TXT Battery Charger for 36 Volt
This one from Golf Cart King and this one is suitable for charging any 36 volt/15 ampere EZ-GO golf cart.
The ‘’D’’ style power-wise plug is going to ensure that the battery charges truly and fastly.
The soft-switch technology attached to this charger will make sure that you get the authenticity to connect it to your golf cart and to keep it plugged-in while charging reducing the chances of battery damage and deterioration.
IP67 weather resistance rating of this charger is going to ensure that it remains impervious to water, dust, and vibration damage.
The lightweight design and a durable die-cast aluminum alloy casing is going to provide both portability and durability at the same time.
- Suitable for any EZ-GO 36volt 15 amp cart
- ’D’’ style power-wise plug
- Soft switch technology
- Dust, water, and vibration resistant with IP67 weather resistance rating
- Lightweight and durable with die-cast aluminum alloy casing
3. LIYYOO 36 Volt 5 Amp Power-wise Golf Cart Battery Charger
In the third section, we have brought another 36 Volt 5 amp golf cart battery charger from LIYYOO. One thing that you need to keep in mind is that this charger is specially designed to be suitable for the lead-acid batteries.
This charger is not only suitable for EZ-GO but also for any carts that have a 36-volt system and power-wise connector include Yamaha, Club Car, Star, Taylor Dunn, etc.
The trickle charge mode of this item is going to protect your battery from overcharging and thus ensures battery validity and performance.
This will take around 4-6 hours to recharge your battery fully. That means it is a slow charger, which is going to make sure that the battery does not damage through overcharging.
Finally, the lightweight and power-efficient design make this one a worthy choice for anyone.
- System: 36 volts 5 amp.
- Suitable for any carts that have a system of 36 volts include EZ-GO, Yamaha, Club Car, Star, Taylor Dunn, etc.
- Trickle charge mode
- 4-6 hours of charging time.
- Lightweight and power-efficient design.
4. FORM 18 AMP EZGO TXT Battery Charger for 36 Volt Golf Cart
Another 36-volt 18 Amp battery charger, and this time it is from FORM.
The power-wise ‘’D’’ style plug is going to ensure that this charger is compatible with most of the EZ-GO golf carts.
The three-stage smart charging technology is going to make sure that you get the authenticity to charge your battery efficiently.
The 16 feet extended power cable will provide a vast area to charge your battery anywhere you want.
Finally, the lightweight and portable design of this adapter allows you to carry it in every place you go.
- System: 36 volt 18 ampere
- Power-wise ‘’D’’ style plug
- Three-stage smart charging technology
- 16 feet extended power cable
- Lightweight and portable design.
5. Lester Link 48 Volt Golf Cart Battery Charger
Now, this time it’s a 48-volt battery charger, and this one is compatible with any1995-2013 48V Club Car DS, Precedent, Carry All, Villager & Transporter golf carts all Power Drive.
The automatic signal indicator attached to this adapter is going to notify you that the charging is complete and the battery is fully charged.
Fully assembled with the Club Car 3-pin molded round connector plug is going to make it completely compatible with most of the golf carts from 1995-2013.
It requires a minimum of 30 volts to be activated. That means if the battery pack is below 30 bolts the charger is not going to register.
Finally, the power-efficient and energy-saving construction should be the worth of your complete budget.
- System: 48 volt
- Compatible with 1995-2013 golf carts
- Automatic signal indicator
- fully assembled with the Club Car 3-pin molded round connector plug
- requires a minimum of 30 volts to be activated
- Power-efficient and energy-saving construction.
6. 48volt 17amp Golf Cart Battery Charger for Yamaha
In the sixth position, we have brought another golf cart battery charger from Golf Cart King, and this one also comes with a 48-volt 17-ampere system.
This one is mostly compatible with most of the Yamaha golf carts that are available in the market.
The plastic/steel construction of this item makes it more durable and long-lasting.
The 2 Pin "Nabson" round power supply makes it a universal adapter for most of the Yamaha carts (G-19, and G-22).
Golf Cart King is quite popular when it is about producing the quality item and this one should not be any different from the power-efficient and light-weight design.
- System: 48-volt 17 ampere
- Compatible with Yamaha (G-19 and G-22)
- Plastic/steel construction
- Pin "Nabson" round power supply
- Durable, power-efficient, and light-weight design.
7. MODZ Max48 15 AMP EZGO RXV & TXT 48 Battery Charger
We are going to finish this product discussion section with another 48-volt 15-ampere battery charger from Golf Cart King.
This one has a 3-Pin plug for quick and easy charging of all 48v EZGO, RXV, and T48 golf carts.
The IP6-7 weather-resistant rating should give a clear indication that this one is going to protect itself from water, dust, and vibration damage.
Soft-switch technology attached to this adapter is going to make sure that the charger remains safe from any kind of issue while charging.
The lightweight design with a convenient carry handle and 16’ cable makes this one quite portable to carry anywhere you want.
- System: 48 volt 15 ampere
- 3-Pin plug
- Compatible with: all 48v EZGO, RXV, and T48 golf carts.
- IP6-7 weather-resistant rating
- Soft-switch technology
- Lightweight design, convenient carry handle, 16’ power cable.
Short buying guides
There are at least five most essential things that you should be looking at while buying a new golf cart battery charger. We will try to provide a brief discussion regarding these five things that you need to consider in this particular section.
- Connectors: the first and the most important thing that you need to look at while buying a new battery charger is the connectors that it has and whether the connector is compatible with your cart or not. This is the type of connectors that different types of cart has-
- EZ-GO: Crowsfoot connector or D36 (TxT Style) connector.
- Yamaha: two pin Nabson style connector or a three-pin connector with a triangular shape.
- Club Car: a crowsfoot connector or a round three-pin connector.
2. System: the next thing that you should be looking at while buying a new golf cart battery charger is the system or the voltage supply. If you own a cart that has a 36-volt power supply, then the charger that you should be choosing should also come with 36-volt compatibility.
In the case of a 48-volt battery, the charging adapter should also have a system of 48 volts.
3. The year and the model of your cart: the third important thing to look at is the model and year of your cart so that you can easily find the compatible charger. If your cart year and model number are marked like A9806, then it means your cart is a 1998 Club Car DS manufactured in the 6th week of production that year.
4. Power cable: look if the power cable that is provided with the purchase is long enough or not to charge your golf cart battery from a long distance.
5. Weight and power-efficiency: finally, look if the weight and efficiency of the charging adapter are suitable or not. Lightweight construction makes it enough portable, whereas the power-efficient feature saves energy to a great extent.
What is a golf cart battery charger?
A golf cart battery charger is a kind of charging adapter that helps to recharge your golf cart batteries.
In most of the cases, your golf cart batteries are going to come in two variations. Either they will be a 36-volt system or a 48-volt system.
While choosing a new charging adapter, you need to make sure that the adapter is compatible with your cart’s battery system.
Types of golf cart battery charger
Depending on the voltage production or supply of the charger, a golf cart battery charger can be of two different kinds. Either it will be a 36-volt charging adapter or it will be a 48-volt charging adapter.
- 36-volt charger or charging adapter: this type of charger comes with a system of 36 volts. They are mostly available with an amperage system of 5, 15, 18, etc. if you own a cart that has battery support of 36-volt, then this type of golf cart battery charger is the exact choice for you.
- 48-volt charger or charging adapter: as you can guess that this type of charger comes with a system of 48 volts. They also are available with an amperage system of 5, 15, 17, or 18. If you have a cart that has battery support of 48-volt, then this is the type of adapter that you need.
How to charge golf cart batteries
If you are not using a gas-powered golf cart, then you must need to charge your golf cart batteries to make your cart alive. Charging a golf cart battery is not a kind of task that you need to fear.
- The only thing that you need to have is a compatible battery charger that is going to make the task.
- That means if you have 36-volt battery support, you will need a 36-volt charging adapter. For 48-volt battery support, the adapter needs to have a 48-volt supply.
- After having the charger, connect it to your golf cart battery with the help of the power supply cable. Then keep it for 4-6 hours to make the battery fully charged.
Many battery chargers, if not all, are going to show a signal when the battery is fully charged. If your charger does not have that kind of facility, then the average time that you need to maintain while charging should be around 4 to 6 hours.
From the beginning to the end, it was all about the technical matter of golf cart battery or battery charger. But, finally, another thing is also important which your cart battery requires. That is keeping the battery in good health. To do so, charging the battery should be more than necessary.